Dont just do the laundry list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Triangulation

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've gotten a couple of EMs from people asking about volunteering, grades, and lor and stuff, and I'm seeing a pattern.

Don't just do the stereotypical pre-med course of action where you feel like you have to hurry and a get tech experience, hurry and meet a pharmacist, kill yourself over grades, and hunt night and day for an o-chem prof to write your letter. Pharmacy is dynamic enough that you can shape your application to your interests and in my mind make yourself more attractive as a candidate. Find pharm experience in places that other people haven't been talking about homeless clinics, policy institutes, teaching kids, research not directly linked to pharmaceuticals but medicin in general. SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR G%D'S SAKE!!
Just playin', but seriously try and find your interests rather than what everbody else keeps saying to do or what they've done. I've also found that non-profits give you a lot more work and responsibility real fast bc they don't get as much help. You could build up your toolkit right soon if you got in the right place. All you undergrads should check out your career centers for internships as well.

Oh yeah retirement centers would be anothe interesting one or better yet seeing if you can work for a division for the AARP. That's gonna be a power-block over the next fifty years.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh yeah and don't get all discouraged and lame if you get turned down a few times. That's part of the process and we've all been through it. Keep calling back and always have the next number to call if one doesn't pan out.

"Storms make oaks take deeper root."

--George Herbert