dont know if anyone asked this

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abcxyz0123

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if you have like a 3.9 overall gpa but a 3.4 science, does that still raise any kind of "red flag"? I'm only asking because everyone says the science gpa should be close to your overall, but what if you are in a situation where ur overall gpa is great and ur science is good, but they are still really far apart like that? i know its not that bad of a situation but i wanted to get this off my mind.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

seth03 said:
if you have like a 3.9 overall gpa but a 3.4 science, does that still raise any kind of "red flag"? I'm only asking because everyone says the science gpa should be close to your overall, but what if you are in a situation where ur overall gpa is great and ur science is good, but they are still really far apart like that? i know its not that bad of a situation but i wanted to get this off my mind.

thanks

shouldn't matter as long as your MCAT is 28 or above, and you apply to several schools

It raises a flag to me. Without looking at your transcript, it seems as though you took a lot of fluff classes like European Dance 101: Intro to Hip Movements.