USMLE Don't know what to make of this

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lamininin

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, hope your step studying is going well.

I want to ask for any advice and evaluation on where I am at with my studying.
I started my dedicated studying on September and took my first NBME (13) about a month ago. I got a 196 equivalent on USMLE. Now after more than a month into my dedicated study time, I took NBME 15 and only got a 200 which is barely an improvement. I don't know what to make of this as I am planning to take my step 2 months from now with a target score of at least 230. Kinda devastated with that score since I thought I really knew my stuff while answering the questions. I have completed more than half of my U-World first pass with a 56% average and finished 1/2 of my basic science review. What are your thoughts on where I am at and how can I really bring my score up since I am basically doing the UFAP method of review? PS: I am an US-IMG

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks, I tried their Epi videos and they were Gold. Do you think it's plausible for me to aim for 230 with the scores I am getting now and with about 2 months left for studying?
Yes I think so, also make sure that you are going through U-world more thoroughly and trying to understand each answer and why the other answers aren't, etc. you want to try to improve on that as well!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks again!. I do have to say that I roughly spend an hour reviewing the answers after 40 question block of Uworld which is traditionally low so I will try that. Also I hope you don't mind me asking this question on another thread. Just looking for as much input from variety of sources as possible. Your advice is much appreciated.

Reactions: 1 user