Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2008
New York, NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I just confirmed that a couple of the schools I applied to never received my applications. I may have to send them again. I also just came across this article:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/story/1301068.html

For those who haven't received confirmations after some time, please contact your schools to make sure they received your application. That is how I found out that my schools didn't. Fortunately, I still have some time left to send them. And for those waiting for interview invites/acceptance letters, please confirm with the schools that they were sent out!

Just a warning...

dinoant

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
This worries me because I live in Raleigh and our mail man delivers priority mail and time dependent material to other people in our neighborhood. Good thing we all know each other and every few days you see people delivering the mail to the right person.

About the Ads

UNMorBUST

Mystery Man
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2008
Land Of Enchantment(Burque Baby)
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
This worries me because I live in Raleigh and our mail man delivers priority mail and time dependent material to other people in our neighborhood. Good thing we all know each other and every few days you see people delivering the mail to the right person.
Im sorry you have an lousy mail man. Ask any of my customers i rock:D. What you can do is give him a soda or something. You get on our good side we look out for ya.

sandoz

10+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2008
Buffalo, NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I WISH my mailman didn't deliver junkmail to me... although I guess that's a crime, but I think junkmail should be a crime in itself.

And apparently certified mail doesn't always get scanned, if the UCSF ordeal is any indication. Several of us sent certified, and the stuff got delivered, but the USPS site doesn't say it ever was. So sometimes certified mail might cause more worry than relief.

confettiflyer

Model Citizen™
15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2004
Best Coast
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
well that's annoying...certified mail, return receipt? then again i don't recall getting a receipt when i mailed stuff to my landlord. hummm.

electronic submission ftw! can't believe some of these backward schools still require "paper." I applied for undergrad in 2001 and it was all electronic. Geesh.

cdpiano27

15+ Year Member
May 24, 2005
Status (Visible)
Yes, I live near there, and I was the TA for the intro to statistics. One of the girls who needed help in the class claimed that she sent all of her application materials to UNC nursing school, only to find out that her application was thrown out because they did not receive things that she claimed she sent.

So she wanted to start in the Spring of 2009 but will now have to wait until the summer. In my apartment, I used to not receive mail, even bills, etc. I wonder if this guy had anything to do with that! Apex is very near here and is the town next to Cary.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.