Don't lose hope! MCAT 3 times: MD-Accepted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justdoit423

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This post is for anyone who is applying or is going to apply that is lacking confidence because of their numbers.

I was accepted into an MD school and even have an interview at a top 15 school with a 28 MCAT.
I took the MCAT exam 3 times, and improved from my first score of a 25.

Mind be it that my GPA was solid, came from a UC school, lots of leadership and healthcare, strong LORS, athlete, and great personal statement. I am not ethnic minority either. Don't lose hope! You can definitely get into medical school!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
This post is for anyone who is applying or is going to apply that is lacking confidence because of their numbers.

I was accepted into an MD school and even have an interview at a top 15 school with a 28 MCAT.

Mind be it that my GPA was solid, came from a UC school, lots of leadership and healthcare, strong LORS, athlete, and great personal statement. I am not ethnic minority either. Don't lose hope! You can definitely get into medical school!

Incorrect.

Congrats on your achievement though.

Last edited:

Congrats!

Your GPA and ECs/experiences definitely helped you to overcome the MCAT deficiency.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Care to share your stats? My story is that you don't need perfect GPA to get in, though I had the strongest upward trend one can do (4 semesters of a 4.0 in maths, sciences, lib. arts, etc.)

Reactions: 1 users

Congratulations!

Reactions: 1 user
3.8+ / 28 is a perfectly viable combination of stats for MD, particularly with nice ECs. The MCAT is more important, but you can definitely load up on the front number to overcome a small dip in the rear number, so to speak.

Congrats on your acceptance.

Congrats!

You persistence is admirable; good job.

Woohoo you're going to be a doctor!