Doom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you combine D.O. and M.D. it spells dodm. I just wanted to say that, so people would check out this thread. I do want to know something, however, why did YOU CHOOSE MD OVER DO? This is not meant to be a power struggle debate...I simply want to know why M.D. over D.O. Was it the salary? Shouldn't be because M.D. and D.O. have parallel salaries if in the same specialty, or if you're a better doctor. Was it the research? Was it the prestige? I just want to get a sense of why you chose one degree over the other--IM NOT trying to talk down to anyone, I just want to a get a feel for why you chose the medical school you did. Please answer respectfully.

Members don't see this ad.

If you combine D.O. and M.D. it spells dodm. I just wanted to say that, so people would check out this thread. I do want to know something, however, why did YOU CHOOSE MD OVER DO? This is not meant to be a power struggle debate...I simply want to know why M.D. over D.O. Was it the salary? Shouldn't be because M.D. and D.O. have parallel salaries if in the same specialty, or if you're a better doctor. Was it the research? Was it the prestige? I just want to get a sense of why you chose one degree over the other--IM NOT trying to talk down to anyone, I just want to a get a feel for why you chose the medical school you did. Please answer respectfully.

:troll:

Respectfully yours,
Royale... with cheese

Members don't see this ad :)
sdn is weird if this is what happens

????? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that spell DOMD?

People choose MD because they know it's a better degree with better opportunities for residency. If the two degrees were equal, the stats for both types of school would be equal. They aren't, they're not even close.

snlno.gif

sdn is weird if this is what happens
No. You're weird for posting an MD vs DO thread, in the wrong forum nonetheless. Shouldn't you be asking allopathic med students and not premeds??

thanks for helping a potential fellow colleague out, losers.

thanks for helping a potential fellow colleague out, losers.

Alright, I'll bite.

Growing up, when you thought doctor, what letters came after the name? Unless your dad was a DO, I'm willing to bet you thought physician = MD. The allopathic tradition is an older institution in a field that deeply values tradition, and there are many more allopathic schools than osteopathic schools. For these reasons, MD schools are more competitive in terms of stats. DO schools have the wiggle room to more thoroughly consider an applicants other merits because they receive fewer applications. Some idiotic people take this to mean a DO is a lesser physician than an MD, which could not be further from the truth. Additionally, allopathic schools are generally larger and more research-focused, and therefore attract more applicants who are interested in research and academia.

oohhhhh cool thanks!

.........-___-
You were accepted into med school, have spent atleast 4 years at an undergraduate college taking science courses, gearing up for the MCAT, and most definetly doing some science/health related EC's, and you're telling me this is COMPLETELY NEW INFORMATION to you?
Common man.....

Status
Not open for further replies.