Doomed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jrad

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just recieved my PCAT scores and I'm bummed out.

PCAT Scores:

Verbal Ability ----407 (60)
Biology-------------408 (61)
Reading Comp -----424 (81)
Quant Ability------405 (50)
Chemistry----------418 (72)
Composite----------412 (67)

Writing Scores - 3/3

I just graduated with a BS in Biology (minor in Chem) with a GPA of 3.56. I currently work as a full time pharmacy technician. Do you think I stand a chance?

Members don't see this ad.

I just recieved my PCAT scores and I'm bummed out.

PCAT Scores:

Verbal Ability ----407 (60)
Biology-------------408 (61)
Reading Comp -----424 (81)
Quant Ability------405 (50)
Chemistry----------418 (72)
Composite----------412 (67)

Writing Scores - 3/3

I just graduated with a BS in Biology (minor in Chem) with a GPA of 3.56. I currently work as a full time pharmacy technician. Do you think I stand a chance?

Those are actually good stats.

I agree. You have decent PCAT stats. You can definitely improve on the quantitative section. If your quantitative score was above 70, you could've easily scored in 70s or possibly 80s composite.

You are not doomed

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I agree. You have decent PCAT stats. You can definitely improve on the quantitative section. If your quantitative score was above 70, you could've easily scored in 70s or possibly 80s composite.

You are not doomed

Really? I didn't sleep much last night because I was so worried. I feel so much better though. Quant was the last section and just wanted to get out of the test...I wish I had tried harder.

So I still stand a chance of admission? Would you recommend that I retake the PCAT?

Really? I didn't sleep much last night because I was so worried. I feel so much better though. Quant was the last section and just wanted to get out of the test...I wish I had tried harder.

So I still stand a chance of admission? Would you recommend that I retake the PCAT?

It really depends on if you think you have the time and commitment to make a significant improvement on your next PCAT performance.

Personally, I see a lot of room for improvement in the Quantitative part. And if this is your first or second try at the PCAT, the information may still be fresh in your mind and there is no better time to retake the exam than now.

good luck:)

It really depends on if you think you have the time and commitment to make a significant improvement on your next PCAT performance.

Personally, I see a lot of room for improvement in the Quantitative part. And if this is your first or second try at the PCAT, the information may still be fresh in your mind and there is no better time to retake the exam than now.

good luck:)

This was my first attempt at the PCAT and I didn't study or review for it. I've already e submitted my PharmCas and finished most of my secondary apps. I know two of the schools I'm applying do not accept the January PCAT scores- so I'm stuck with my initial scores. I don't think that I'll be dedicated enough to study for the January exam for only half of the schools I'm applying. I'll just have to hope for a chance to do spectular on the interviews.

you and me actually have very similar stats. I also got a 67 composite, a 3.45 overall gpa and will get a bs in biochem this spring and I received two interviews already. So keep you head up, they look at a lot more than just the pcat....plus a 67 isnt all that bad.