Doribax

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigpharmD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When the situation is critical....go with.....doripenem.... just added as our primary carbapenem on our formulary. I was totally against this but the college affiliated ID group does a teaching fellowship for the company and their employees at our institution...they pretty much sold their souls....discuss:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

so what's wrong with Dori? costs 30% less than Meropenem and 25% less than Imipenem. Neuro ADR and sensitivity are on par with Meropenem.

If done correctly where marketshare dosen't affect the increase in cost of Imipenem or Meropenem, I would say it was a good move. Ok, it lacks indications... HAP/VAP..and pedi.. but so what. We know it works.

Prove me wrong.

so what's wrong with Dori? costs 30% less than Meropenem and 25% less than Imipenem. Neuro ADR and sensitivity are on par with Meropenem.

If done correctly where marketshare dosen't affect the increase in cost of Imipenem or Meropenem, I would say it was a good move. Ok, it lacks indications... HAP/VAP..and pedi.. but so what. We know it works.

Prove me wrong.

I hate using medications that lack adequate studies for indications. I called the MSL this week (who is a well known pharmd) and asked about atypicals becaue we were using it in a lung transplant pt. He says there is no data...but i kept it on

Members don't see this ad :)
I hate using medications that lack adequate studies for indications. I called the MSL this week (who is a well known pharmd) and asked about atypicals becaue we were using it in a lung transplant pt. He says there is no data...but i kept it on

Carbapenem for atypicals? I know it works... but...

I know I'm speaking anecdotally..and I hate to do it. But if Merrem works, I will say Dori will work...in 99.9% of the time.

Doribax (doripenem)
This **** rips in a test tube​

Carbapenem for atypicals? I know it works... but...

I know I'm speaking anecdotally..and I hate to do it. But if Merrem works, I will say Dori will work...in 99.9% of the time.

You sound like the MSL.....no you couldnt be....are you..:eek:

Carbapenem for atypicals? I know it works... but

One time in the 60's, we knew (because the drug reps told us) thalidomide would effectively abate your wife's morning sickness......

You sound like the MSL.....no you couldnt be....are you..:eek:

Me an MSL? Puleeeze..sucka.

I've been neck deep in carbapenem issues for the past 2 years... including the halfy.. Ertapenem.

Dori and merrem are equivalent I say... Imipenem has slight issues because it requires optimum dosing to prevent seizures. I hate that..because Imipenem is gearing to go generic.

Invanz is whole another issue.

One time in the 60's, we knew (because the drug reps told us) thalidomide would effectively abate your wife's morning sickness......

I know I'm older than you...but I didn't have a wife in the 60's...