Dorky website thing for wannabe ortho people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MossPoh

Textures intrigue me
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It is just a site where you can do a TK with flash animation. Kind of childish and dorky but still a bit of fun. Enjoy...or hate your choice but it took a few minutes of time.

3rd edit is a charm.

Members don't see this ad.

nice website, but obviously this is a barebones (no pun intended) overview of what happens in TKA. i just hope the people who view this understand that and the fact that postoperative care is vital for the new prostheses' lifespan.

Members don't see this ad :)
yourmom25 said:
nice website, but obviously this is a barebones (no pun intended) overview of what happens in TKA. i just hope the people who view this understand that and the fact that postoperative care is vital for the new prostheses' lifespan.

Really, that wasn't exactlly how it is done? What a know at all, look at you :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

narc said:
Really, that wasn't exactlly how it is done? What a know at all, look at you :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
hahah you're funny. good job realizing that cutting jigs don't look like that anymore, nor does it include how doctors line up the new knee (whether IM or navigation). i figured "wannabe orthos" should realize that a TKA involves at least 3x what was depicted.

but i'm sorry. i'm scared of you now, e-thug.

yourmom25 said:
hahah you're funny. good job realizing that cutting jigs don't look like that anymore, nor does it include how doctors line up the new knee (whether IM or navigation). i figured "wannabe orthos" should realize that a TKA involves at least 3x what was depicted.

but i'm sorry. i'm scared of you now, e-thug.

It was a cartoon.... :rolleyes: DUH!
Not sure why you would be scared....but ok. Whatever you say

Yea I know it is basic...I watched 4 TK's the day I found it with net stumbler....but it is a nice little, albeit aged, outline

Yeah the knee procedure is a little different, but it does provide idea of what goes on.

Also what websites are you guys going to, to watch surgery? I had a link to one before but ended never watching any.

It does give a general idea though. After watching some total knee replacements on OR-NET it's basically the same except the doc had a computer to help align.

Well I think that is the same one I watched before I went to see my first total knee, and that is exactly what I saw in the OR, just maybe a little more in depth. So its pretty accurate.

i didnt like it, totally unrealistic.....i saw some flesh-eating-virus in his knee tissue..... so, naturally i tried to amputate.... but it wouldnt let me....now he is going to die for sure....only thing left will be those metal pieces....
:sleep:

DR U-GENetIC said:
i didnt like it, totally unrealistic.....i saw some flesh-eating-virus in his knee tissue..... so, naturally i tried to amputate.... but it wouldnt let me....now he is going to die for sure....only thing left will be those metal pieces....
:sleep:
ROFL at the newest incarnation of my idol, dr. eugenic. he even honored me in his user title. i'd considered you dead and was about to change my user title today until i saw this AE. :laugh: