1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

DOs at MDs rotations?

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by CuriousDoc, Oct 19, 2002.

1. CuriousDoc

CuriousDoc Member
    7+ Year Member

I was doing some research into some of the electives that I wanted to take. I noticed that the UPenn application notes that schools from LCME or AOA are allowed to apply. But for schools like NYU/Columbia they only say LCME accreditted (sp?). Does anyone know if DO schools can apply to these programs also? And what application do we fill out, the LCME one or the one for FMGs?

:confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrQuinn

DrQuinn My name is Neo
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

I wouldn't pay much attention to whether or not they say they accept applicants from LCME or AOA approved medical schools... some places i am applying to now only say LCME but I've been offered interviews. I think it just happens to be the person who designs the website, if they remember or not to put AOA down... of course, I"m sure there are a few residencies out there that leave AOA out for a reason, but you'll likely have heard about these residencies before you apply.

4. drusso

Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Just apply.

5. DocWagner

DocWagner Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Simply apply and then wait and see. This requirement was found at many of the sites I applied for rotations, yet the ONLY denial I had was from a DO program (CCOM's EM program). Strange.
    I would bet you will not be denied.