DOs at MDs rotations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuriousDoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was doing some research into some of the electives that I wanted to take. I noticed that the UPenn application notes that schools from LCME or AOA are allowed to apply. But for schools like NYU/Columbia they only say LCME accreditted (sp?). Does anyone know if DO schools can apply to these programs also? And what application do we fill out, the LCME one or the one for FMGs?

:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't pay much attention to whether or not they say they accept applicants from LCME or AOA approved medical schools... some places i am applying to now only say LCME but I've been offered interviews. I think it just happens to be the person who designs the website, if they remember or not to put AOA down... of course, I"m sure there are a few residencies out there that leave AOA out for a reason, but you'll likely have heard about these residencies before you apply.

Simply apply and then wait and see. This requirement was found at many of the sites I applied for rotations, yet the ONLY denial I had was from a DO program (CCOM's EM program). Strange.
I would bet you will not be denied.