DOs in ACGME (MD) Residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RBorhani

Emergency Physician
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am very happy to have matched in Emergency Medicine. I feel, however, that there is still a genuine lack of information for most DO students that want to do an ACGME residency. I am considering developing a web page, before the start of my residency
smile.gif
, that will contain information on this topic. I am hoping to share my own experiences and that of other DOs in ACGME residencies. Maybe eventually we can do a similar thing that AMSA is doing and make available volunteer residents contact information to interested medical students. What do you guys think? Anyone wanna help or have any suggestions????
Thanks
RB

[This message has been edited by RBorhani (edited 03-18-2000).]

Members don't see this ad.

RB: I think that will be an AWESOME idea. Finding such information can be a serious pain in the a** sometimes. For example, I just found out that you can try to match both ACGME and AOA residencies today, only took 2hrs to find this information. Even then I'm not wholly sure how it works, and the AOA site doesnt help.

miglo

Do it RB!!! That would be wonderful!!!
biggrin.gif

I am not sure what I can do to help, but just let me know!!! Information like that would be enormously helpful. Thanks for the offer & congrats/good luck in your EM residency!!
smile.gif

Rob
WesternU/COMP MS II

Members don't see this ad :)
agreed, having the information about ERAS and the matching process etc... presented in a coherent manner and tips of where to bother to apply and where not to bother to apply etc...would be invaluable advice for M3 and (very early) M4s.
---just knowing which rotations serve free food and provide housing would make a difference....LOL...

RB,

Myself and many others would be very grateful to you if you are able to develope that sort of web site. I want to do EM but am having a hard time finding info on DO freindly EM programs. It is a hard decision to make without the right information. Do you just pull yourself out of the DO match and decide to go purely ACGME? Or do you spend the extra time and money in an internship and AOA residency? For myself I'm not sure I am willing to take the risk with 99% of the EM spots full this year, but with the right imformation and a good game plan ACGME will be the way I go. Please share any information with me and others that would help us get where you are going.

Thanks,

rh

P.S. If you don't mind me asking where will you be going?

Hi,
I will be going to Univ of IL College of Medicine at Peoria for EM.
Email me with any specific questions you have about doing a ACGME EM residency... I've been there..so I know the lack of information that you are talking about..
I hope to have some parts of the web page done this weekend. Dont ever let those numbers scare you...
RB

[This message has been edited by RBorhani (edited 03-30-2000).]

congratulations Reza

Just wanted to give you the new web site address: http://www.oneida.org
Let us know what else we can add to the site. (We are still constructing this site)