Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

DO's in Florida

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Pris, Sep 19, 1999.

1. Pris

Pris New Member

Attending Physician
    Hi guys,

I am a senior at FIU in Miami,FL and was wondering if there's anyone that goes to Nova that I could talk to about their DO program. I am currently undecided on whether to attend a DO or MD program since I had never heard of DOs before. Several students I have talked to claim it is a bad idea to become a DO saying people look down on them and people apply to DO schools only because they didn't get into allopathic schools. How do you guys feel about that? Also, what is the job market like after you get your degree in Florida? Thank you.

Priscilla

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Gregory Gulick

Gregory Gulick Senior Member

Hey there. Yeah, I'm a NSUCOM student and NSU was my first choice of all medical schools. I'd be happy to talk with you about anything. Drop me an e-mail at [email protected]

[​IMG]

4. Henry

Henry Senior Member

I am also from NOVA. You can send email to me via
    [email protected]

What you heard of are not totally false but mostly incorrect. Hope to clear things out for you before you make decision.

Good luck