Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

DOs in Ortho. Sx Programs

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by toobs, Oct 10, 2001.

1. toobs

toobs Junior Member

Hi, I am interested in Ortho Sx Residency, and I am currently a MSI at an Osteopathic Medical Program. I posted a topic about a month ago...Ortho. Sx Residencies for DOs, and I would like to thank all those that replied. From my research and understanding, there is plenty of competition in this field and it is not an easy one to match, regardless of whether you are a DO or MD.

I would like to ask the members of the SDN if they know any DOs in ACGME approved Ortho. Residency programs, or any that may have graduated from one. If you have this information, your reply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time and considerations...

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Magree

Magree Senior Member

Hi:

I don't know if this will help or not. But you can go to a lot of residency websites and see their current and sometimes past residents - like where they went to school etc. Some places have email contacts and then you could contact the DOs you found and ask about their experience matching and all.

cheers

M-

4. toobs

toobs Junior Member

Magree,

Thank you very much for the tip...been working on this method. I found a couple, one from UCLA acting as clinical instructor for the Dept. of Ortho. Sx. Still looking for more contacts. Thanks again for taking your time... ;)

5. kundun

kundun Senior Member

Swirsky at Miami is a PGY-3.....also within the past several years a couple of DOs did the hand surgery fellowship offered by the ortho dept at Miami

6. Mango

Mango Very Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Try and find a copy of JAMA from September 5, they did their annual residency breakdown. I have mine here, and it looks like there are 13 total DO's in ACGME Ortho programs nationwide.

7. toobs

toobs Junior Member

Kundun and Mango,

Thanks for the insight...It is very much appreciated. I'll take a look at your references. Thanks again :D