SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

DO's in the middle east?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by realruby2000, Jul 30, 2001.

1. realruby2000

realruby2000 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 25, 2001
    Im thinking of doing DO, but whats making me double minded is that if I wanna move to the middle east sometime in the future, would my DO degree be accepted there? It would weird being an "unemployed" doctor...

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator 10+ Year Member

Apr 22, 2001
    Michigan
    I would suggest you get a hold of AOA or AACOM regarding this matter if you want more answers other than the ones presented in the other forums.

I was wondering, what would make you move to the middle east? Family? Spouse? Personal?.... I am seriously interested and curious....

As far as I know, the DO degree has it's limitations so it's legitimate for you to worry about whether or not to pursue a DO degree.... I urge you to get a hold of the peeps at AOA or AACOM.... Good luck to you as always....

4. realruby2000

Jun 25, 2001
    I'm muslim and I was just thinking that I might want to live in Saudi Arabia sometime in my life. Its where the holy city Mecca is located. I havent been there yet, but according to those who have, its one of the most amazing places in the world.

5. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator 10+ Year Member

Apr 22, 2001
    Michigan
    Very admirable.... I wish you the best....

Maybe you can visit instead of staying there.... otherwise, it might be easier for you to attain and MD rather than a DO. Good luck to you....

6. gower

gower 1K Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York
    e-mail Robert Ruiz, of AACOM, for information on practice rights in other countries. He is the the expert.

[email protected]

7. AhmedDO

AhmedDO Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 22, 2001
    realruby2000 SALAMO ALYCOM
    I don't know what is your real name brother, but anyway, I did some research about the same thing, but unlikely DO's are not allowed to practice medicine as MD in the Middle East. So as POPOY said you should apply to MD school, if you want practice Medicine out side USA(the only place DO's are respected as a physicians is USA). good luck

8. realruby2000

Jun 25, 2001
    hmmm...well if they cant practice medicine, you think they might be able to teach it...? Teaching sounds like somthing I'd wanna do too :)