Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

DO's Job outlook

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by eh3927, Nov 29, 2001.

1. eh3927

eh3927 Junior Member

When looking for a residency and jobs...does having a MD over DO make a significant difference?I would really appreciate other's insight? How competative is the market out there for physicians who graduated with DO's.
    I will be starting PCOM next year...I am very excited over the prospect of becoming a physician. I just want to make sure that all the burden that I would be placing my husband and child through...I hope to be able to find a good job and payoff my loans...

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jhug

jhug 1K Member

4. Paul K. Wilson

Paul K. Wilson Junior Member

Credible sources tell me that hardly any attention is paid to whether the physician is a DO or MD when selecting residents.

I am further advised that the osteopathic schools are more likely to admit a non-traditional student.

In whatever you choose, do your best.

5. Aloha Kid

Aloha Kid Senior Member

I definitely agree. Out of all the doctors I've worked with, none of them said anything bad about being a DO. Most have told me that, DO = MD as long both are competent.

As a DO student, the only people out there that really cause a lot of problems are the ignorant ones and the ones that like to josh around.