DO's to shadow in SF Bay Area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gbtse123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there! Does anyone know of any DO's to shadow around the SF Bay area? I've tried cold calling a bunch of physicians found on websites and through searching on google but I'm not having much luck and I'm feeling a little desperate. Looking for any advice, or if there are DO's you may know that you have shadowed in the past. Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there! Does anyone know of any DO's to shadow around the SF Bay area? I've tried cold calling a bunch of physicians found on websites and through searching on google but I'm not having much luck and I'm feeling a little desperate. Looking for any advice, or if there are DO's you may know that you have shadowed in the past. Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Yes! PM me. One of the DOs I've been shadowing is fantastic and wrote me a strong LOR.

Reactions: 1 users
Kaiser Permanente employs (comparatively) a good amount of DOs across most specialties, at least around CA/Bay Area. Check PM&R/primary care and other "DO-friendly" specialties, but Kaiser has great DOs practicing in ophtho and other specialties if you want to spice things up a bit

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Contact Touro-CA???

You could shadow Goro, wait, never mind, he's only a wanna be physician.

Kaiser Permanente employs (comparatively) a good amount of DOs across most specialties, at least around CA/Bay Area. Check PM&R/primary care and other "DO-friendly" specialties, but Kaiser has great DOs practicing in ophtho and other specialties if you want to spice things up a bit

What I have heard in the past that Kaiser won't allow undergraduate. You need to contact private clinic. Google it and call the DO offices or as Goro mentioned call Touro-CA which is only an hour drive :) Visiting DO clinics will get you somewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
What I have heard in the past that Kaiser won't allow undergraduate. You need to contact private clinic. Google it and call the DO offices or as Goro mentioned call Touro-CA which is only an hour drive :) Visiting DO clinics will get you somewhere.

Yeah, thanks for the input! I've been trying to contact private clinics but I've only had my contact be put down from the receptionist and almost all of the time, I do not hear back from them :(

Yeah, thanks for the input! I've been trying to contact private clinics but I've only had my contact be put down from the receptionist and almost all of the time, I do not hear back from them :(

If you walk into the clinics that might help if you have free time. Just ask if you can talk to DO Dr, you need to bug them and all they can say No then move to next. Try Sutter rather than Kaiser. Some doctors run their clinics under Sutter even though they are private.