Dose anyone know what this means????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gamma Ray

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
more specifically the answer to:

Q:I failed a course, repeated it and got a better mark. How will my GPA be calculated?
A: If a course is repeated, the University will not use grades for courses you have received credit for already. To upgrade marks and have the course used towards your application, you would need to take a higher-level course and receive a higher grade.

I'm a bit foggy on what this will mean.. will they 'throw away' the failed mark and only count the better one? :confused:

Thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

The will count your first grade (meaning, E) and igore your second grade.

Also, they're saying that the only way to redeem yourself is to get good grades in higher level courses.

Gamma Ray said:

Q:I failed a course, repeated it and got a better mark. How will my GPA be calculated?
A: If a course is repeated, the University will not use grades for courses you have received credit for already. To upgrade marks and have the course used towards your application, you would need to take a higher-level course and receive a higher grade.

I'm a bit foggy on what this will mean.. will they 'throw away' the failed mark and only count the better one? :confused:

Thanks guys

They won't count the grade you get from retaking the course. They will only count the original grade.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gamma Ray said:

Thanks guys

It means anyone could get a better score the second time they take a class... idiot

yea, but if you failed the course you don't get credits (right?)' thefore, would they take the second grade if you repeat the course?

thrust.elite said:
It means anyone could get a better score the second time they take a class... idiot

gosh, why so hostile. I can appreciate his honesty that he demonstrates when he says he does not understand what that means. There is no reason for you to try and belittle him b/c he does not understand what may seem simple to some of us.

Dude, you need to chill!