dou think i have a chance for 2002??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sandhar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, i hope everybody is doing fine. I am gonna apply in june 2001. my gpa shaky. i started of by doing s year in college and ended up with a gpa of 2.8. I also went through a family tragedy, which had a big hand in my downfall. Then i transfered to a university and i have done very well ever since. I have raised my science and total gpa to 3.16. I am taking the mcat in april. I am gonnaapply early.The schools i am interested in are AZCOM, LECOM AND COMP. Do youguys think i have a chance? Any opinions will be appreciated.thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Sandhar,

I think you stand a fine chance. You will most certainly receive secondarys from the schools assuming your MCAT scores are average with the schools you are looking at. In your secondary, explain somewhere if it is relavent what happened your freshman year to make your grades so poor. If you receive interviews from the schools they will undoubtedly look at it and ask you questions about your grades. DO schools care more about you as a person than your stats, so I would say keep trying to pull your GPA up closer to like a 3.3 - 3.5 if possible, and do well on your MCATs. I would say that it is worth a shot. A lot, I mean A LOT of people don't do too well their freshman year of college, and you have extenuating circumstances....in other words, don't sweat it right now and keep busting your butt! Good luck.

Tiffany