Double Docter Double Military Families???

|2idicu|ous

Dismembered Tennessean
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It looks like my wife and I are heading for a Double DO's Double Navy docs. Anyone have any experience with this? In particular with getting separated? :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm. I have a friend who is with the navy. She is in IM. From what she has been telling me, the likelihood of you being separated is less if you have children, seriously. They have not sent her to Iraq because she has a kid- whereas her single guy colleagues have been sent all over the place. That, and you get more $ when you have lots of kids.

It looks like my wife and I are heading for a Double DO's Double Navy docs. Anyone have any experience with this? In particular with getting separated? :oops:

Move this to Military Medicine thread for more input.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm. I have a friend who is with the navy. She is in IM. From what she has been telling me, the likelihood of you being separated is less if you have children, seriously. They have not sent her to Iraq because she has a kid- whereas her single guy colleagues have been sent all over the place. That, and you get more $ when you have lots of kids.

once you have a dependant, you get the same amount of money regardless of how many you have whether you're just married or married with 10 kids.

to the OP:

deployments hit everyone-- if other people are stepping up to spare your friend, more power to her. the most common way deployments are avoided is via pregnancy-- not deployable during or for 6 months post. as far as assignments go, they do try their best to co-locate. which may mean some negotiation/flexibility between all the parties involved but all the physician couples i've met (i'm army) have been together.

you may want to repost a similar question in the milmed forum. while there are definitely people there who are vocal about their opinions, there is generally pretty good accurate input.

--your friendly neighborhood dependant supporting caveman

Don't count on not getting deployed just because of kids. A friend of mine didn't get deployed the first time around because she was pregnant but is now in Iraq for a year while her husband, also in the Army, and 2 little kids are stateside.