Double Major, Double Minor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

runfastnow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was granted a fifth year of eligibility by the NCAA and will probably be back in undergrad for one more year. Will it look any better for admissions to add a double minor in English and Religion to my double major of Biochemistry and Biology? They are things that interest me and will be relatively easy to complete within the next school year. Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

I think a double major is more impressive. Depends on what kind of impact it will have on your gpa..

edit: I didn't read your original post properly. Thought it was up in the air between double minoring and double majoring. So I say go for it!

Last edited:
I don't think double minoring on top of double majoring will add anything to your application. However, if these topics interest you and you don't think they will hurt your GPA, then go for it.

-senior medical student / admissions committee interviewer

Members don't see this ad :)
It is unlikely to matter one way or the other other than showing greater breadth and depth (more humanities courses on your transcript than you'd otherwise have).

If your science gpa is <3.65, you'd be better off taking (and acing) some upper level science courses.

If you are applying during your fifth year, the adcom won't see your grades for that 5th year, but you can list the names of the courses you plan to take on your application.