Double or Nothing...to get excited about

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newfocus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have decided to do a double major, chem/bio, and I'm wondering if it will increase my chances of being accepted to medical school. I could actually graduate at the end of summer '02 with a chem degree but there are alot of Bio classes that I still want to take. The way I see it I'll have to go to school one more year but....... I'll have another years clinical experience at my current job as an ER tech, I will have the chance to raise my gpa, and you can't forget aboout the overwhelming since of joy that comes with learning new things :D So what do you guys think? Will it help my chances? Is it worth the trouble?

newfocus out~

Members don't see this ad.

personally i am firm believer that the more one learns the better. but if that isn't enough motivation for you, if you look into your msar and look under double majors, i slightly higher percentage of double majors are accepted, if this is significant, i don't know, but its worth a go if you are already heading in that direction.

best of luck.