Doubts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kiahs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my fourth full lenght today... I wanted to be in the in the upper twenties to thirty's but I don't think it has happened. Although I felt things were going well I managed to skrew myself over. I can't believe this. The problem is I want instant gradification...you put in X hours your score should increase. This time I think it might have gone down. Nothing is for sure as I don't have my score posted yet but when I came home I checked my answers and I was wrong....not partially wrong but really wrong. And the funny thing is I thought it went okay......god damn this. I can't stand it.. This doesn't mean I'm going to give up but it's so frustrating. Two weeks I need a freakin' maricle and that doesn't happen much for me. Man whatever back to studying. I just needed to vent.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey..don't sweat it too much. I know exactly how you feel. I go through the same frustation when checking my answers over. I make careless mistakes.it drives me crazy...but you still have time to practice and I'm sure you'll do great!
good luck

Originally posted by kiahs
I took my fourth full lenght today... I wanted to be in the in the upper twenties to thirty's but I don't think it has happened. Although I felt things were going well I managed to skrew myself over. I can't believe this. The problem is I want instant gradification...you put in X hours your score should increase. This time I think it might have gone down. Nothing is for sure as I don't have my score posted yet but when I came home I checked my answers and I was wrong....not partially wrong but really wrong. And the funny thing is I thought it went okay......god damn this. I can't stand it.. This doesn't mean I'm going to give up but it's so frustrating. Two weeks I need a freakin' maricle and that doesn't happen much for me. Man whatever back to studying. I just needed to vent.

it depends on what full length u took too... the non-aamc ones do not always compare...

Members don't see this ad :)
The MCAT is such BS!!! I took it 3 times before I got in to medical school. All of my practice tests went fine (upper 20's and 30's) then come the real deal, I'd choke. The biggest reason that the MCAT is BS is because they say it is "standardized", which is a crock because there are so many different versions of the test. The only way to be truly standardized is to have everyone take the same test. What pissed me off the most is that on test day, my friend got a version of the test that had most everything that I knew best. I could've rocked that version of the MCAT, but I got a different version and got mid-20's.

So to sum it up is short, it all depends on which version of the test you get on test day.

Originally posted by kiahs

I don't know what to say, except I am in the EXACT same boat! And I do not know what to do about it. I'm just not feeling confident and/or comfortable with the test yet at all, and if I don't believe I can pull this off, I won't be able to. And I need a major miracle here too, but I don't want to put that much pressure on myself for the day of or else I am going to choke which I have a tendency to do. I just want to do so well, that I end up psyching myself out. AAAAAAAHHHH. Ok, I just needed to vent too. Basically, you are not alone here, I am feeling exactly the same way.

Originally posted by DMBmatty08
The MCAT is such BS!!! I took it 3 times before I got in to medical school. All of my practice tests went fine (upper 20's and 30's) then come the real deal, I'd choke. The biggest reason that the MCAT is BS is because they say it is "standardized", which is a crock because there are so many different versions of the test. The only way to be truly standardized is to have everyone take the same test. What pissed me off the most is that on test day, my friend got a version of the test that had most everything that I knew best. I could've rocked that version of the MCAT, but I got a different version and got mid-20's.

So to sum it up is short, it all depends on which version of the test you get on test day.

no, it depends whether you are rigorous in improving your weaknesses.

In all do respect, there are way too many testable concepts on the MCAT to improve on all weak areas. So in actuality, the difference between me getting a 26 and a 30 was the version of the test I got.