Oct 15, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
I was just curious if anyone has had to retake a class like Calc 1 and still was able to get interviews and even get into a med school? I just finished my semester and did well in all my other classes which were sciences but there is now way I passed Calc. It has me nervous that its going to make it even more difficut than it already is to get in somewhere.

The_Bird

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2011
Status
Medical Student

I'm right here with you! Tear down their iron tower of oppression!

I got a C in calc, myself. I don't think med school are going to be like, "This scrub can't do calculus! We need people to design our hospital starship and he/she can't cut it!" Hospital starships aren't real, so it's not that big of a deal. Most schools don't even require calculus.

Reactions: eagerstudent

Life of the Party!
Aug 9, 2012
Inside a black hole
inb4 (or after) premeds bashing calc...

I was just curious if anyone has had to retake a class like Calc 1 and still was able to get interviews and even get into a med school? I just finished my semester and did well in all my other classes which were sciences but there is now way I passed Calc. It has me nervous that its going to make it even more difficut than it already is to get in somewhere.
It's like any other class. If you get like a D or an F, you should retake it. A C is ok.

Reactions: BrainsIsCool
OP
E
Oct 15, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Wait....hospital starships aren't real!? Erroneous! I refuse to believe you. This is actually a huge relief to hear. I live in CT so I will be applying primarily in New England and I know most of the schools around here do want to see calculus on your transcript. Im just hoping that a retake isnt gonna hurt me. Thanks for the responses