1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Downhill After MCATs

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by ms2209, Apr 26, 2004.

1. ms2209

ms2209 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Right after I left the MCATs, I expected to be enthused that they were over and that I would never have to think about them again - instead, I came out exhausted and quite apathetic. I didn't feel like I completely bombed them, but then again, I also didn't feel like I was in a position to feel secure knowing that August would be out of the picture. It's too bad we can't get our scores any earlier!!! Anyway, ever since the MCATs, I've been lounging around, and it has been the most unproductive week ever. I need to get back into shape for the end of the semester, but what can I say - I'm drained and I just want this year to end! Anyone else feel the same way?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. txguy

txguy ...
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm right there with you. I am finding it very difficult to study!

4. TX_Longhorn

TX_Longhorn OU sucks
    5+ Year Member

i feel you man...just hang in there a little longer. i have my finals in two weeks...cant wait to get done....just give it all you have.... :thumbup: :)

5. JohnDO

JohnDO MS III
    7+ Year Member

I feel the same way! Seriously, the week after the MCAT I hardly cracked any books. I just lounged around not ever wanting to see organic, physics, or genetics again. Unfortunately, I had a string of exams the week after, and now finals.

Keep working hard!! You'll thank yourself for it later!

6. JohnDO

JohnDO MS III
    7+ Year Member

I've attached a little diagram to help illustrate :D

Attached Files:

7. 10minutes

10minutes M.D.Candidate
    5+ Year Member

That's ***ing hilarious! :laugh:

8. confewshz

confewshz Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

LMAO, that cute. :laugh:

9. ms2209

ms2209 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

LOL! That's a great diagram! Well, I'm glad to hear that other people have felt the same way. I guess we just have to buckle down and try to give it our all for the final stretch of the semester :)

10. liverotcod

liverotcod Lieutenant Crunch
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Wait, I know I had that graph JohnDO posted in form EG... What did you guys get for the question:

Which of the following are likely reasons JohnDO's motivation dropped off after taking the MCAT?
    I. Blah.
    II. Blah blah.
    III. Blah blah blah.

A. I only.
    B. I and II.
    C. I and III.
    D. I, II and III.

11. ms2209

ms2209 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's great!!! I'm gonna have to go with D. ;)

12. jxu66

jxu66 Member
    7+ Year Member

Me too. I haven't able to do much this past week. It seems longer even though it has been only one week since we took the test. My guess is that the release date is June 15. For those who took the test April 26 last year, they got test release date June 24.

13. ms2209

ms2209 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Yeah, a couple of seniors I spoke with before the exam were surprised that our MCAT administration was about a week earlier than their exam. I hope they manage to get them online in 50 days versus 60, but ultimately, I guess it doesn't make much of a difference. But you're right about it seeming like more than a week, and also, it's just weird that the semester is practically over (although this is a very good thing!).

14. kaikai128

kaikai128 Yes SIR. ;-)
    5+ Year Member

Hell, I took the MCAT for the first time last August...I am still with a lack of motivation...having no turn around between MCAT and the start of classes killed me. :(