Sweatshop FP in Ontario
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2001
The inner-net
Visit site
Status
Hi everyone,

There have been some discussions about FamilyMed in the CanadianIMGs forum a few times but I was hoping to have it addressed in more detail here:

What are some honest downsides to being an FP in the USA? In terms of choosing where to do residency/practice, are there pros/cons you can think of from a professional day to day standpoint? Personal reasons aside, any reasons for me to stay north and avoid the US system? We have our pros/cons in our system but I was hoping for some frank answers from people who spend more time in practice/residency down south.

Thanks!

PCSOM

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2004
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Mike59 said:
Hi everyone,

There have been some discussions about FamilyMed in the CanadianIMGs forum a few times but I was hoping to have it addressed in more detail here:

What are some honest downsides to being an FP in the USA? In terms of choosing where to do residency/practice, are there pros/cons you can think of from a professional day to day standpoint? Personal reasons aside, any reasons for me to stay north and avoid the US system? We have our pros/cons in our system but I was hoping for some frank answers from people who spend more time in practice/residency down south.

Thanks!
it would be nice to know what are the pros/cons in North where you currently are.