Downstate Acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tkdusb

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from Downstate yet? If so, could you also please list when you interviewed.

P.S. - Does anyone know how often the committee meets to decide on applicants? I interviewed fairly recently and was told that so far they had only met once.

Members don't see this ad.

what were your stats for downstate?

i really hope i hear from them tomorrow. i can not wait any longer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here :)

Waiting a month has been tough enough

bkpa2med said:
what were your stats for downstate?

3.6 GPA and 32Q MCAT
Sibling is an alumni though, so I hope that helps
I sure hope tomorrow is the day, because I've been pining away at the mailbox for the past few days.

here's hoping i get something tomorrow. anything. rejection/waitlist/interview invite from other schools. just so i know that the process is going along for me.

i enjoyed my interview at downstate so i would really like an acceptance there~~~~ :luck:

anything today? anyone?

Not today either. I live really really close to Downstate, so it shouldn't take very long in the mail. Hopefully we'll hear something tomorrow.

Did anyone confirm that they are telling people tomorrow? I interviewed 9/26. Hopefully the waiting will be over soon.

tkdusb said:
Has anyone heard anything from Downstate yet? If so, could you also please list when you interviewed.

P.S. - Does anyone know how often the committee meets to decide on applicants? I interviewed fairly recently and was told that so far they had only met once.
When I interviewed there I think they told me that they met once a month or once every 3 weeks. Something like that.

still no news today! has anybody called?

zero2hero said:
When I interviewed there I think they told me that they met once a month or once every 3 weeks. Something like that.

oh jeez. I thought committees met on a weekly basis. This stinks. I may as well forget about an early acceptance. :( :( :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I could be wrong, try calling the office. Don't worry just join the rest of us in the waiting game.

ok, now it's thursday...anything??

Damn, I am slackin on dis one. I am going to submit my secondary at the end of the week. :cool:

mid october is slowly slipping by....

Another day gone by.... I'm just gonna wait til November on this one. No point harassing the poor mailman over this

The adcom met already so we have to hear something soon. If not by the end of october then def the beginning of november. Waiting sucks guys, but know that we are not alone!

anyone hear anything yet?

Nada, I got a call yesterday morning from an unknown number thinking it was them but it was a volunteer organization verifying my e-maill address. Suffice to say that sucked.

zero2hero said:
Nada, I got a call yesterday morning from an unknown number thinking it was them but it was a volunteer organization verifying my e-maill address. Suffice to say that sucked.

that sucks! i check my caller id constantly for 718 numbers. still nothing!!

this thread gives me a heart attack when it's updated. now i'm gonna pass that on~~~ :p

radioh3ad said:
this thread gives me a heart attack when it's updated. now i'm gonna pass that on~~~ :p

i just had a heart attack too! ok, let's stop
:oops:

i called downstate today (because i am freaking out about this school at this point) and the woman laughed and told me to be patient- that everyone is calling. she said that we would hear "shortly" and that we would be notified "by mail". i don't know why she couldn't give more details. does "shortly" mean tomorrow or two weeks?!

just thought i would share the news...

allisonbk said:
i called downstate today (because i am freaking out about this school at this point) and the woman laughed and told me to be patient- that everyone is calling. she said that we would hear "shortly" and that we would be notified "by mail". i don't know why she couldn't give more details. does "shortly" mean tomorrow or two weeks?!

just thought i would share the news...

I would venture to guess two weeks is more likely than tomorrow.

P.S. - does anyone actually ever say "I would venture to guess"? I'm such a dork

I'm freaakking out mannnnnnnnn....

BTW when did everyone interview. I was there on 9/26.

zero2hero said:
I'm freaakking out mannnnnnnnn....

BTW when did everyone interview. I was there on 9/26.

9/14- it seems like soooo long ago!

Darn, I interviewed much later than you guys. I'm gonna be waiting for a long time

guys, if any of you are out of state, can you please post your stats? i am wondering the possibility of an interview overthere

good luck to everyone waiting

madonna said:
guys, if any of you are out of state, can you please post your stats? i am wondering the possibility of an interview overthere

good luck to everyone waiting

Hey-

I interviewed at Downstate a few weeks ago, and they told me that we would not be informed of a decision for 4-8 weeks, but its almost always 8 weeks. So, don't stress!

J

Hi everyone! I got my acceptance from Downstate today be mail! This is so exciting. Good luck to everyone on this thread! I hope there is a lot of good news :thumbup:

Congratulations! Was it a big or small envelope?

allisonbk said:
Hi everyone! I got my acceptance from Downstate today be mail! This is so exciting. Good luck to everyone on this thread! I hope there is a lot of good news :thumbup:
when did you interview?

I just got a hold letter :)

When did you interview clocks?

zero2hero said:
When did you interview clocks?

EDIT: 9/15 actually

I'm such a tool sometimes ;)

zurned said:
when did you interview?

I interviewed 9/14 also. It was a big yellow envelope.
:)

Oy! Three people have received decisions so far.

I'm sooooo nervous now.

Join the club

Is it reasonable to think that the differences in dates for receiving letters (1 person received on 10/27, the other two received on 10/29) is just due to geography and the Postal Service's ability to deliver to different distances?

It's probably just wishful thinking. I'm like 30 minutes away from Downstate and my mailbox was empty.

It depends on when you interviewed. Both clocks and allisonbk interviewed in early september, almost twelve days before me and I haven't recieved anything yet. I'm hoping something will come monday. I might give downstate a call to verify if my application was reviewed in time for the first adcom or if it was pushed back to the second meeting.

No reason to be nervous- I interviewed real early (yet they still didn't like me ;) ).

Hello Downstate Applicants / Future Matriculants!

I am an MS1 at Downstate. Just wanted to wish you all the best of luck during this trying period - I know what you're going through and I wanted to remind you that the light at the end of the tunnel is closer than you think.

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about SUNY Downstate. I will try my best to answer them for you.

Once again good luck, and take care! Don't forget to breathe and relax..

N

nkhotakota said:
Hello Downstate Applicants / Future Matriculants!

I am an MS1 at Downstate. Just wanted to wish you all the best of luck during this trying period - I know what you're going through and I wanted to remind you that the light at the end of the tunnel is closer than you think.

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about SUNY Downstate. I will try my best to answer them for you.

Once again good luck, and take care! Don't forget to breathe and relax..

N

Hi N!

Thanks for opening yourself up for questions. After my tour, I was still confused about living arrangements at Downstate. I probably won't have a car, so I need to stay in the dorms (though i live in queens). Is it easy to get a room? I know they're still pretty expensive anyway. (maybe i'll just buy a crapmobile :oops: )

Do you feel like you're getting enough anatomy preparation when there are 8 people to a cadaver? How open are the professors to students' opinions, do they make changes during the semester or only for subsequent classes? People say it's ghetto, city folk like me say it's common. Do you feel safe? Have any students been robbed or harrassed?

Thanks!

wow. i didn't even get an interview (or rejection) yet..... my app was complete in early september.....

radioh3ad said:
Hi N!
Do you feel like you're getting enough anatomy preparation when there are 8 people to a cadaver?

I thought it was 4 students to a cadaver?

hey nkhotakota,

do you by any chance know how is downstate to out of staters. i am from cali but i'd really love to go there? and do they look more for research of exposure on the applicaitons?
thanx a lot
good luck to you in your studies

Another day - nothing today either.

zero2hero said:
I thought it was 4 students to a cadaver?

it's 4 students a class. but there's a group A and B w/ 4 people a group to a cadaver. So they'll do a section and you'll have to learn from them. i find that to be double edged sword, with the dull one being more prominent.