Downstate Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abibas

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview in early March at Downstate (no acceptances yet). Can someone tell me what the average turnaround time is for decisions after you interview? I don't know how long I can wait for my 1st acceptance...

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview in early March at Downstate (no acceptances yet). Can someone tell me what the average turnaround time is for decisions after you interview? I don't know how long I can wait for my 1st acceptance...

About 6 weeks.

Any idea how many students have been accepted??
From what I read on here they accept over 400
interviewees with the thought that more than half
will drop. Does anyone know how much of this is already
filled?? Anyone else interviewing on the 21st?

Members don't see this ad :)
It took six weeks for me to hear back from them.

maybe they didn't really like me. I interviewed in early November and heard late January. When I called they said the norm around this time of the year was 10-12 weeks. I also took the August MCAT.

I interviewed there yesterday and they told us that they were currently expecting about 8 weeks between interview and decision (though they did say that it could be more or less).

I think they say 8 weeks to deter people from calling the office. When I interviewed they said 8-10 weeks and it would probably be 10 since they were backed up but I ended up hearing back in 6 weeks.

I think they say 8 weeks to deter people from calling the office. When I interviewed they said 8-10 weeks and it would probably be 10 since they were backed up but I ended up hearing back in 6 weeks.
Yeah. They said "don't call us until 10 weeks and one day after your interview."

My interviewer, who said he was one of the deans, said that it would take AT MOST 8-10 weeks. My interview was Jan 16, and I got an acceptance of Feb 28, so it only took about 6 weeks. However, I called, and the woman I spoke to said the committee made its decision on me on Feb 15...

My interviewer, who said he was one of the deans, said that it would take AT MOST 8-10 weeks. My interview was Jan 16, and I got an acceptance of Feb 28, so it only took about 6 weeks. However, I called, and the woman I spoke to said the committee made its decision on me on Feb 15...

:thumbup: Sounds good to me!!