downstate acceptees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dirtyone

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
are there any downstate acceptees out there, do you plan to go?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey dirtyone - I received an acceptance I think in November, but I declined it. Are you all set on going there?

actually you see, I am on the wait list, I am not NY resident (not sure if that matters) but I was really impressed with the clinical exposure down there, much better I thought than cornell, or sinai, I have heard it is a grueling 4 years in what may seem like rough area, but you gain access to experiences you otherwise, say in a country-club school, may not get. Apparently student help is needed there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got into downstate in december. I hated it there. I was so glad when the interview was over. Very drab. I cant believe you have to share a room for housing. Anyway, I am glad that I got other acceptances so I wont be going there.

I am planning to attend Downstate. I was very impressed with their clinical program and the degree of clinical exposure students get during their first two year. Plus, there is an opportunity to get an MPH, simultaneously with your MD. Honestly, I liked this school the most after interviewing with NYU, Stony Brooke, and Einstein. (I've also been accepted to these schools). The only downside of the school is the location, but I can't say that Einstein is any better.

they also have large derm program, and give a preference to their own graduates in resudency placement.

Yes its true about Dermatology at Downstate.A student there has a good shot at getting into its program due to its size.I would say that a Downstate student has a much better chance of getting this specialty at Downstate then a NYU or Einstein student has of getting it at their own school.In addition Downstate has large programs in EM,Rads,Ortho and Urology and fills many of theses spots with its own students.