• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW

Doximitry: We are not Victims of the System. We are Enablers

Nov 21, 1998
Over the rainbow
  1. Attending Physician
This really hit home...

"What we can do together is limitless. But first, we have to own what we’re doing now. We are not victims in and of a system. We are choosing to work in it. Owning this part of our story just may be the most empowering thing we can do. We can’t change that which we don’t own.

I don’t know where I’m going next, but just as burnout wasn’t my final stop, my role as an enabler will not be either.

Hi, my name is Melissa Kwak, MD. I’m a family physician who has chosen to stay in her current job employed within a dysfunctional health care system for the time being because I like the stability, I like my paycheck, and I’m scared to leave, afraid of the unknown. I am a health care system enabler, but this is far from the end of the story."

Reactions: 2 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.