• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

DPM/Ph.D. programs

doc227

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 27, 2000
New Haven
I know Temple has one of these programs. Does any other schools offer this degree? Also, I would take it that the credentials to get into the program would be higher, but does anyone have additional insight into the subject. Is anyone in a program like this?

Energon

Nobody Summons Megatron
15+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2003
What is the point of having both degrees? It seems to me that most of the research comes from Orthopods... it would just be a waste of valuable resources no? Podiatry seems to be a very clinicaly oriented field... or am I wrong about this?

About the Ads

jconway

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2003
i thnk the phd is in prostethics or biomechanics or something along those lines

its offered in conjunction with upenn and loyola i think

im guessin thats a doctorate that can open alot of doors for you in those fields

i mean how many ppl get degrees that specialized?

but in truth i dont know the job outlook for someone with the dual doctorate after they finish school

but as a first yr student..i can say that most kids in pod school(that is...kids not on the dual degree course) dont take advantage of research opportunities
which is a big part of why podiatry is so clincially orientated
and why orthopods do all the cool research

but like someone said before..the field is wide open....
you just gotta be a little hungrier than the other guy

-j

box29

Keep on keepin' on Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2002
  1. Attending Physician
Scholl at Rosalind Franklin UMS now has a DPM/PhD degree offerred in Micro/Immuno and Anatomy. I definitely think the field needs more basic scientists to contribute to medicine. You'll encounter few students who are interested in research, most want out and to be able to practice. For those who like research, there are many things to do like academic medicine, etc. Anyways, just my $0.02.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.