• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

DPT Admissions and Organic Chem

PTapp

DPT
10+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2007
  1. DPT / OTD
It really depends on the school, but IMO a bad grade in one of the pre-reqs is worse than a bad grade in history for example. So if you have an A in gen chem I and II which are usually the pre-reqs for DPT and a C in organic chem, then I think you should be okay.

callmecrazy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2008
  1. Physical Therapist
Possibly more damaging than an unrelated course but definitely less damaging than a prereq, assuming that "bad grade" means a 'C'. If you actually fail a course, I don't imagine schools would look favorably on that, but I don't know the weight of the consequences either. Your overall math and science GPA (one of the GPAs that PTCAS calculates) may take a minor hit, but you should be just fine as long as you did well elsewhere. Isn't it a given that everyone struggles with ochem anyways?:confused:

Ukraine

10+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2008
  1. Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Possibly more damaging than an unrelated course but definitely less damaging than a prereq, assuming that "bad grade" means a 'C'. If you actually fail a course, I don't imagine schools would look favorably on that, but I don't know the weight of the consequences either. Your overall math and science GPA (one of the GPAs that PTCAS calculates) may take a minor hit, but you should be just fine as long as you did well elsewhere. Isn't it a given that everyone struggles with ochem anyways?:confused:

That sums it up pretty well. I have a bad grade in Org Chem too. After that I switched from Pre-med to Pre-PT.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.