DPT student final 12 week internship in Colorado Springs (Jan-March 2019)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mar-mar

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am currently a DPT student in Texas, and I need some help finding a site in Colorado Springs for my final clinical rotation (January-March 2019). My fiancé just graduated from West Point USMA, and we are moving to Colorado Springs for his first post assignment. I will be a 3rd year DPT student and would love to do my last 12 week internship in Colorado Springs to be closer to him. This requires me to find a site all on my own before my professor can start the contract process. Right now I am really interested in outpatient ortho, but I am willing to view other setting options if anyone has recommendations. If anyone can recommend sites or give me emails to contact PT's in the area that would be awesome! I am having a hard time figuring out how I should approach this since my school in Texas doesn't have any contracts in CS yet. Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

Colorado Sports and Spine Center is a popular spot that my school has affiliations with. I personally have never been there. They have locations in colorado springs. Hope it works out!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! I am currently a DPT student in Texas, and I need some help finding a site in Colorado Springs for my final clinical rotation (January-March 2019). My fiancé just graduated from West Point USMA, and we are moving to Colorado Springs for his first post assignment. I will be a 3rd year DPT student and would love to do my last 12 week internship in Colorado Springs to be closer to him. This requires me to find a site all on my own before my professor can start the contract process. Right now I am really interested in outpatient ortho, but I am willing to view other setting options if anyone has recommendations. If anyone can recommend sites or give me emails to contact PT's in the area that would be awesome! I am having a hard time figuring out how I should approach this since my school in Texas doesn't have any contracts in CS yet. Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it!
Have you considered doing a rotation at Evans Army Community Hospital at Ft Carson, CO? I assume your husband will be stationed there. If you are interested in outpatient orthopaedics, that would be a great rotation. Alternatively, the US Air Force Academy would also be an opportunity and equally as valuable with that clinical focus. Both locations are in the vicinity of Colorado Springs and you would be close to your fiance. I hope these suggestions gets you close to what you need. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you considered doing a rotation at Evans Army Community Hospital at Ft Carson, CO? I assume your husband will be stationed there. If you are interested in outpatient orthopaedics, that would be a great rotation. Alternatively, the US Air Force Academy would also be an opportunity and equally as valuable with that clinical focus. Both locations are in the vicinity of Colorado Springs and you would be close to your fiance. I hope these suggestions gets you close to what you need. Good luck.
My fiancé will actually be stationed at Schriever Air Force Base. Do you by any chance know if they have a PT clinic there? Also, would the VA hospital be a good location? Thank you so much!

My fiancé will actually be stationed at Schriever Air Force Base. Do you by any chance know if they have a PT clinic there? Also, would the VA hospital be a good location? Thank you so much!
I believe that they do. Until you mentioned it, I had never heard of Schriever AFB, but from their online information it appears that there is a PT clinic there. It must be small but it appears like you should have 2-3 pretty good options if you want to do an outpatient ortho rotation. Give them all a call!

Not sure about the VA hospital there, I don't know anything about it. Sorry!