Dr. 90210

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
W

Weirdo

Your thoughts on this show?

Members don't see this ad.

It shows how materialism and yuppies are making a comback. Its like the 80s but with more effective surgeries.

indo said:
It shows how materialism and yuppies are making a comback. Its like the 80s but with more effective surgeries.

I like your signature!

Mine used to be "You have no scores yet" (the online MCAT score page that I checked obsessively)

-tx

Members don't see this ad :)
yep, the hollier than thou adcom people sure do know how to pick em!

I really don't find anything remarkable about the doctors.

Weirdo said:
Your thoughts on this show?

That guy reminds me of "The Todd" on scrubs, only a bit more sophisticated, but definitely "The Todd" at heart.

I hate his wife. She whined so much about having to take care, gosh, two kids at once. Give me a break. She expects him to work those 16 hour days and come home to help her do stuff too? I mean, this women dropped 4 grand buying like socks and a baby carrier thing.

and the patients, I don't get those people. I mean, I am vain, but most of the people he does surgery on don't look much better when they are done. Did these people even try exercise? What's the point of getting surgery if you're still busted after it? Its like when i see obese people wearing like nice clothes...who are you kidding? Save your money for jenny craig.

I couldn't become a plastic surgeon unless i could supress my gag reflex better than a tri delt during rush.

I like the show, I think Dr. Rey is a lot like me, not in the vanity but in the overall amount of work he is willing to put in to keep his practice up (though he treats his wife poorly). he is always watching surgery tapes and keeping up his technique. Anyhow, I like the show a lot.

medstyle said:
I hate his wife. She whined so much about having to take care, gosh, two kids at once. Give me a break. She expects him to work those 16 hour days and come home to help her do stuff too? I mean, this women dropped 4 grand buying like socks and a baby carrier thing.

and the patients, I don't get those people. I mean, I am vain, but most of the people he does surgery on don't look much better when they are done. Did these people even try exercise? What's the point of getting surgery if you're still busted after it? Its like when i see obese people wearing like nice clothes...who are you kidding? Save your money for jenny craig.

I couldn't become a plastic surgeon unless i could supress my gag reflex better than a tri delt during rush.

Well I don't watch the show that much but at least his wife's pretty hot. And besides, being a mom is pretty stressful too. I'm sure she expects him to help out but obviously he can't. Now if he just got a partner, reduce his hours...he could spend more time with his family. Heck, I wonder how many spouses leave the marriage because he or she didn't rarely got any attention. I guess he's fortunate now but maybe she'll change her mind later who knows. I'm not saying that working as hard as he has to become established is unreasonable but if you want/have a family you should make time for them. I think the guy is kinda goofy too when he's showing off with his taekwando skills..almost kicked his wife in the face. t.t

Well, he has done a damn good job of mis-representing himself on the show. He has claimed multiple times to have been a Harvard educated physician and this implies that he attended Harvard Medical School, which he did not. So does this mean I could say that I was a Harvard educated physician if I got a Masters in Fine Arts from Harvard? Sounds a little shaddy to me. He did not attend HMS and didn't even attend a Top 10, yet he is claiming a Harvard education (does his MS from Harvard really count to this).
He has a good CV but you would swear that on the show he walks on water.

Members don't see this ad :)
He did his fellowship at harvard... thus, he was trained at harvard...

W222 said:
Well, he has done a damn good job of mis-representing himself on the show. He has claimed multiple times to have been a Harvard educated physician and this implies that he attended Harvard Medical School, which he did not. So does this mean I could say that I was a Harvard educated physician if I got a Masters in Fine Arts from Harvard? Sounds a little shaddy to me. He did not attend HMS and didn't even attend a Top 10, yet he is claiming a Harvard education (does his MS from Harvard really count to this).

From what I've seen, the guy seems like a dip. What kind of surgeon wears sleeveless scrubs? And his wife clearly has an eating disorder.

visualwealth said:
He did his fellowship at harvard... thus, he was trained at harvard...

Yes, he did. But I agree with the other poster - I thought he had gone to Harvard - I swear he said something like, "I worked hard, and went from nothing to Harvard Medical School."

I guess it's semantics. Or editing. I don't know.

I'm not a fan of the show.

W222 said:

give him a freaking break. he also came from the slums of Brazil and i think he said he was orphaned at a really young age. i think he's doing pretty well concidering where he came from. and he does have a hot wife but he named his girl child sydney, never liked that name. i don't think his patients look bad post op. he did some pro-bono work too. not all his patients are extremely wealthy, actually most of them are average mid-range income which is interesting.
i like the show. i like that they talk about the generation differences and where different doctors are in their life and pratice. i'm also facinated by plastic surgery.
i like their new additions as well, the hot young jewish surfer surgeon, i'd like to get his number. also the surgeon-anethesiologist couple who is trying to have a baby but then they find malignet cells during a pelvic (or was it after a pap?) anyway, that's good reality TV in my book.

wendywellesley said:
give him a freaking break. he also came from the slums of Brazil and i think he said he was orphaned at a really young age. i think he's doing pretty well concidering where he came from. and he does have a hot wife but he named his girl child sydney, never liked that name. i don't think his patients look bad post op. he did some pro-bono work too. not all his patients are extremely wealthy, actually most of them are average mid-range income which is interesting.
i like the show. i like that they talk about the generation differences and where different doctors are in their life and pratice. i'm also facinated by plastic surgery.
i like their new additions as well, the hot young jewish surfer surgeon, i'd like to get his number. also the surgeon-anethesiologist couple who is trying to have a baby but then they find malignet cells during a pelvic (or was it after a pap?) anyway, that's good reality TV in my book.

Yes, but he wears sleeveless scrubs! How can this be ignored?

vmc303 said:
Yes, but he wears sleeveless scrubs! How can this be ignored?

good point. check and mate.

AJT2003 I also remember him saying that he "came from nothing to attend Havard Medical School." He clearly implied on the show that he did attend HMS. Now, FROM HIS CV he only did a Masters and a fellowship at HMS--> hence he was not trained at Harvard really. The guy is a pompous @ss and his wife is typical gold-digger material. I wonder how much work she has had done? And I agree that she could have an ED. All they talk about on that show is how much money he makes and how is practice is doing so well. Is this why people go to medical school?

dr. 90210 has hairplugs and a face tighter than a trampoline; mrs. 90210 has fake boobs and looks anorexic. i guess he likes to advertise what he sells!

brazilians apparently have breast augmentation as frequently as they have their teeth cleaned, so it's clearly in his culture.

anyway, it's hollywood, people. god bless the usa! :p

I read in another thread on here that Dr. Rey is not even board certified. He claims he is too busy for that. Obviously board certification is not a requirement, but you would think any HARVARD trained physician would take pride in assuring his patients of his abilities.

He and his wife are both annoying. in a few years his "cute" little girl will be spoiled, whiny and annoying too.

She needs to get a maid when she is pregnant, otherwise just shut up and deal with going in a store and plopping down $4000 for a non-necessities. If she were "poor" everyone and their Mommy would complain about her being pregnant with baby number 2. But because she has a Beverly Hills address, this is overlooked. The rich can use birth control too, can't they?? :rolleyes:

10 bags of ramen noodles says Ms. 90210 will be pregnant again in another 2 years or divorced with a whole island to herself....and still complaining and spending lots of $$$.

I have seen the show a couple of times. I agree, his wife is pretty spoiled. Dr. Rey comes across as very confident. With all the boob-jobs working in his office, I don't know how long his marriage is gonna last!

W222 said:
AJT2003 I also remember him saying that he "came from nothing to attend Havard Medical School." He clearly implied on the show that he did attend HMS. Now, FROM HIS CV he only did a Masters and a fellowship at HMS--> hence he was not trained at Harvard really. The guy is a pompous @ss and his wife is typical gold-digger material. I wonder how much work she has had done? And I agree that she could have an ED. All they talk about on that show is how much money he makes and how is practice is doing so well. Is this why people go to medical school?

He was wearing a HMS shirt as well, not a "fellowship" shirt. Anyhow, that's marketing. I personally like how he tells EVERY patient to go DD.

Don't forget the "SAG MEMBERSHIP", and theatrical training-how ******ed is that!

He reminded me of the doctor that went on Survivor-the last I heard he was trying to sell a screen play./ thinking about finding an agent-heading into the acting game? :rolleyes: People, people, just because you went to medical school does not mean your some sort of divine multitalented creature of fortune!

I wonder why his wife didn't take out the implants to nurse. The large breast obsession may be linked to the whole absent father oedipal thing. He probably derived greatest emotional comfort from women during those crucial developmental years, thus the breast has taken on this maternal source of relief and support. Men are so weird! :laugh:

haha,dont hate on him and def. don't hate on his wife she is not bad looking at all... The show is quite boring and, sends the wrong messages about medicine though...
But, I still hold that he has an impresive CV from undergrad up to fellowship...
fateema368 said:
Don't forget the "SAG MEMBERSHIP", and theatrical training-how ******ed is that!

He reminded me of the doctor that went on Survivor-the last I heard he was trying to sell a screen play./ thinking about finding an agent-heading into the acting game? :rolleyes: People, people, just because you went to medical school does not mean your some sort of divine multitalented creature of fortune!

I wonder why his wife didn't take out the implants to nurse. The large breast obsession may be linked to the whole absent father oedipal thing. He probably derived greatest emotional comfort from women during those crucial developmental years, thus the breast has taken on this maternal source of relief and support. Men are so weird! :laugh:

visualwealth said:
haha,dont hate on him and def. don't hate on his wife she is not bad looking at all... The show is quite boring and, sends the wrong messages about medicine though...
But, I still hold that he has an impresive CV from undergrad up to fellowship...

I smell a breast man! ;)