Dr. Aly Kanani Pre-dental Package

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

burban

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone read Dr. Kanani's Ultimate Dental School Admission Guide? If so please let me know if it is worth buying or not. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Absolutely not worth buying at all. It claims to be something like 100 pages of information, but it's 100 pages 14 point and tripple spaced. and 80 of those 100 pages are stats copied off of predents or the ADA guide to dental schools.

The other 20 pages are sample personal statements (that he personally edited himself to make them "better") and they are SO HORRIBLE they're actually funny to read!

And here's the kicker: One of the first paragraphs of his "book" states that nobody is perfect and he appologizes for any gramatical or spelling errors in advance.

worst $40 I ever spent.

He got me too....gullible predents.

Members don't see this ad :)
We could all collectively write a much better Admissions Guide than this guys. Even the info in the book is outdated- the stats are from 2003.

i concur. The book is not all that informative. In my experience there is no "great" pre-dental guide. I'd say that scanning and searching SDN might be best method to find out what you need to know. Plus it is interactive, and not static like some guide book. Of course, you can't really get true school stats here (admissions info, mean DAT, GPA, etc. For that you should look into getting ADEA's Official Guide to Dental Schools (or save yourself the $35 and use the one in your school's pre-med advising office.

Happy hunting.

Do not buy it for it is simply waste of money...

I disagree. I went camping this past summer and this book made excellent tinder. Of course, I could have just as easily gotten $40 worth of change in $1 bills.

I bought it, it helped, but remember it is an E-Book!

Don't think that his book will get you into dental school, it is a guide, it is not the secret key that unlocks the doors.

If you read it carefully you should get some knowledge out of it. Besides it is your future don't be super cheap! If you think that those $40 bucks are too much money, just wait until you start getting interviews, then you will see that those $40 are minimal. I also bought some of the books on ADEA website, gather as much info as you can when you are preparing to apply.

Buy it, it won't hurt.