1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dr. Don (Drew/UCLA)

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Batman_formerly lamd, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Batman_formerly lamd

7+ Year Member

How did your interview go with Drew/UCLA?

anything unexpected? easy? hard?

thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. haughty

haughty Member
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed at UCLA/Drew in mid-March-- the interview went well, pretty much like I expected.
    There was one interview with a 3rd year medical student. Not surprising was the extent to which they wanted to get to know you as a person and your motivations for choosing
    UCLA/Drew and working with underserved communities. It was very laid back. As long as working in these types of communities is what you really want to do (and you can back it up with personal and/or volunteer experiences) then the interview is no problem. I have lots of friends who have recently graduated from the program, are in the program currently, or are also applying this year and they all love it!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

4. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by lamd:
    <strong>How did your interview go with Drew/UCLA?

anything unexpected? easy? hard?

thanks</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hey lamd, the interview went well. The program is awesome! Nothing unexpected, just be ready for questions like what motivates you to succeed? why drew? what are some of the problems facing medicine today? you'll be fine, they really want to get to know you as a person, so be sincere and if working with the underserved is what you want to do with your medical career, then DREW is the place for you! I interviewed with a doctor, she was good and straight to the point, there were no tricky questions or alot of ethical questions....well if you need to know anything else, let me know, oh! before I forget, about half of their class is full already...so there is still time for us late interviewees to get a spot. Also according to Dr. Miller, more than half of the UCLA/DREW class in the past years started in the waitlist and then when spots opened up, they got in! so there is a lot of movement in their waitlist...I just hope I won't have to wait any longer than what I have already waited! :) late.