Dr. Fuks charged

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tanner

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe they will start giving out visiting clerkships and interviews based on merit and not just friends of friends, seeing how their friends have a way of getting them in big trouble.

Members don't see this ad :)
[edited my mod]

enough with the very clever word play boys and girls.
thank you.

Gfunk6 said:
Here's an article from the NYTimes reporting how the RadOnc world is in shock.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/10/business/10fuks.html

BTW, Dr. Fuks is out of jail on $10 million bail.

This story is crazy for a lot of reasons. Not the least of them is that the stock fell by only 16% after the announcement in 2001. That meant that Fuks' $5 mil would still have been worth $4.2 mil if he had held on to the stock. I bet he his more than kicking himself for having risked an insider trading prosecution for a measly $800K (given that he clearly is a multi-millionaire!)

----was supposed to be an Austin Powers joke. Okay for the big screen, bad taste in serious forum. :) Sorry. :)

pretzel said:
[It] was supposed to be an Austin Powers joke. Okay for the big screen, bad taste in serious forum. :) Sorry. :)

Thought it was funny, why the censorship? Is this america?

Ursus Martimus said:
Thought it was funny, why the censorship? Is this america?

It wasn't censored because of its measure as a joke. And yes since this is america from where I'm sitting, you may go out onto the street and tell this joke as much as you like.

Since I guess its not obvious, its edited for a couple of reasons. the first is the language issue. Because its meant to be a play of words and a real name, i left the first post stand. But it's just not approrprite for the thread to degenerate into a play on words that ultimately is against terms of use. Second reason. This is the chairman of a Medical Department we're talking about, and this is a professional forum. There are plenty of places where this joke can play out. This isn't one of them.

Finally, reposting the joke by way of explaining it doesn't exactly sway me to reconsider the arguement.

So I give up on this, but I wanted to find out more about what he did reseach on. I found this interesting article by :

FUKS ET AL

Basic fibroblast growth factor protects endothelial cells against radiation-induced programmed cell death in vitro and in vivo.

Fuks Z, Persaud RS, Alfieri A, McLoughlin M, Ehleiter D, Schwartz JL, Seddon AP, Cordon-Cardo C, Haimovitz-Friedman A.

Cool stuff!

Ursus Martimus said:
So I give up on this, but I wanted to find out more about what he did reseach on. I found this interesting article by :

FUKS ET AL

Basic fibroblast growth factor protects endothelial cells against radiation-induced programmed cell death in vitro and in vivo.

Fuks Z, Persaud RS, Alfieri A, McLoughlin M, Ehleiter D, Schwartz JL, Seddon AP, Cordon-Cardo C, Haimovitz-Friedman A.

Cool stuff!
if you search pubmed, there's lots of stuff. He would be first and last author of many basic and clininical sci articles.
steph