Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along WW Blog - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
*Claps*

And in case there is a question...just to clear things up, on the flipside of this -- village typically has some kind of protector role. Think about what this means for where and how that protection should be used*.

*Paging @WildZoo for innuendo on aisle 7
Um, I think anyone who knows me knows I don't know a thing about where and how to use protection ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
@LadyOtheFarm, are you still on? 1hr to close.
Nope. Now I'm back. And dead. And sad.
1b883902aed5d1a3150dc69c75120c9d--dr-horrible-the-evil-inside.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pippy's post actually answered it for me, as did yours. And yes, I meant "villagers" and not "vanillas." I edited it to avoid future confusion. Villagers with abilities are targets for wolves - refuting what CheezyD was trying to claim by saying wolves want to keep anyone around that has an ability.
It can be occasionally true that a wolf pack will keep a player with an outed ability alive and for a variety of reasons. First, the outed player usually became that way in order to save themselves from a lynch, so the village has reason to think they're sketchy. The longer they remain alive, the more likely they'll get lynched again. Second, outed abilities are good targets for the protector to focus on, making the pack pretty sure that whatever other kill they plan will go through without that possibility of interference. Finally, they could just do it because they have more important targets for whatever reason based on their info.

All that being said, asking someone to out themselves on thread was ridiculously dumb. Even moreso because if chzD is a wolf it literally is outing an ability directly to the wolf pack.

Lotfs future ability was to move people between groups, is that important? We can't PM within our groups right? Or am I just playing solo for funsies?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Side note: Call me an old softie, but it is a little sad to me that we lynched someone on D2 who has actually watched this enough to make subject matter-appropriate jokes.

Reactions: 1 users
I am in agreement with some parts of your post, but I think* this is the second time you've brought up "I didn't vote for a villager!" as something that makes you less wolfy. I don't know if this was intended to be sarcastic, but if not, then LOL to that.

*disclaimer: I am exhausted, i may be misinterpreting the spat you've got going on with hmoo right now.

It wasn't included in her 100% fair and balanced analysis.

Lotfs future ability was to move people between groups, is that important? We can't PM within our groups right? Or am I just playing solo for funsies?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile
Wouldn't be an ability without a reason. Could have someone else who can activate PMing with in a group or something. Or it was just linked with her future ability to PM with someone for a cycle - maybe she could only PM with them if they were in her group.

But yeah right now there isn't any PMing within groups.

Okay. This is along the lines of damned if you do, damned if you don't. As you diver farther and farther down the hole, the shouts get louder and louder.

I understand that you see sarcasm (and humour), but it smacks of derision and defensiveness. However, the convenience of painting someone into a corner by insinuating that they don't post enough, and then all of a sudden, they post too much so they are a wolf is too simple. I'm not trying to "throw" a lynch. I don't have information to make a good decision so I go with what's posted on the thread; the very same information available to everyone. It's very easy to understand the under-the-radar mentality because everyone likes to magnify every part of the conversation into some kind of aha moment.

It's easy to play noob because every question can be disguised as innocence. Assignment of wolves is completely random - as is ability to werewolf regardless of experience or wisdom.
Why is it suspicious that I see sketchiness in responding inconsistently? Slow/reluctant to post analysis + quick to defend reads to me as you were present the entire game, but didn't want to do anything to stand out. Additionally, wolves tend to care more about attacks than villagers - there's fewer of them, so each lynch counts relatively more for their team. You overreacted to a post in a way that I didn't think a casual villager would do, and I don't like that.

You see. This is what makes me think you're trying to get me kilt:

8) No posting strategy between lynch/ night close and the posting of the write-up. Additionally, do not share night results before the write-up is posted
o_O As in, do not post strategy in between when the mods say "lynch closed" and gives the lynch results, or "night closed" and gives the night results. Allowing people to post during those periods can result in scared people divulging everything they know because they're scared they're about to die. This is just night cycle. No one has night results, and it's OK to talk. Did you think I was trying to get you mod-killed by getting them to kill me first?

At this point, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree for the night. I need to get off and sleep.

contingency lynch DDS.

Why is it suspicious that I see sketchiness in responding inconsistently? Slow/reluctant to post analysis + quick to defend reads to me as you were present the entire game, but didn't want to do anything to stand out. Additionally, wolves tend to care more about attacks than villagers - there's fewer of them, so each lynch counts relatively more for their team. You overreacted to a post in a way that I didn't think a casual villager would do, and I don't like that.

o_O As in, do not post strategy in between when the mods say "lynch closed" and gives the lynch results, or "night closed" and gives the night results. Allowing people to post during those periods can result in scared people divulging everything they know because they're scared they're about to die. This is just night cycle. No one has night results, and it's OK to talk. Did you think I was trying to get you mod-killed by getting them to kill me first?

At this point, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree for the night. I need to get off and sleep.

contingency lynch DDS.
I mistakenly read that as no night strategy. I've been in games in the past that disallowed that activity.

As to the first paragraph. I have not been inconsistent. There are reasons I can't post incessantly (or don't), but they have little to do with wanting to shy away from the game. Someone made a comment about my inability to determine a lynch. I gave examples. Literally, I was answering a question. It's clear you're just looking for any reason to justify a vote.

Who are my suspicious ones? Cheezeguy & sheltermed. What are the chances two noobs are innocent in trying to out information about roles on the game thread?

I am trying to separate my grumps from wolfy feels. I kinda wanna lynch LIS, but since that is mainly because he is tunneling on me for not being present and giving good reads when that was his complaint last game...

Ugh. It's stuff like this that frustrates me about LoTF. She was a villager, just like she claimed. Yet, she totally mischaracterizes my vote for her - which I explained at least a couple times. I can't tell if she just plain can't read, or chose to misinterpret, or chose to misrepresent it, or .... but ugh. If you're a villager player, don't misrepresent why someone is voting for you - it just makes you look even more sketchy.

I was clear: It bugged me that she had time to post a lot about Mel (totally different than "not being present") but was otherwise not participating (which is not the same as "giving good reads") and then came on posting nothing but inflammatory ("idiots") stuff.

Very different than how she chose to characterize my vote. As it turns out, it didn't matter because I didn't come back in time to read her post ... but even if I had, that would have done nothing but solidify my vote.

Mods - please replace me if you have a sub available. I have a lot on my plate right now, and won't be able to do justice to the game. Until they find a sub:

*******lynchh genny*********

Sucks bro. Having just been there last game, g'luck digging out from under.

Early game play is like early ass play: It just doesn't usually happen right away.

Some people <love> to make the "it's early game, it's all random" argument, but a surprising amount of the time the village is able to narrow down and lynch a wolf on D1 or D2. That argument is 100% bunk.

I hate to do this, because it's not great play, but odds are high I'm going to miss most of tomorrow (7AM central to 9pm central work ... and Saturdays on ER are never slow), so I'm going to do it now:

I'm soft-vouching dds. Minor role reasons, but I have a reasonably high expectation that dds is not a wolf.

No guarantee, so if y'all really want to vote there be my guest, but I am fairly sure we won't get a wolf.

For my money I'm probably voting CheezyD or one of the players (other than STL, since he's subbing out) that hasn't really made an appearance.

Ugh. It's stuff like this that frustrates me about LoTF. She was a villager, just like she claimed. Yet, she totally mischaracterizes my vote for her - which I explained at least a couple times. I can't tell if she just plain can't read, or chose to misinterpret, or chose to misrepresent it, or .... but ugh. If you're a villager player, don't misrepresent why someone is voting for you - it just makes you look even more sketchy.

I was clear: It bugged me that she had time to post a lot about Mel (totally different than "not being present") but was otherwise not participating (which is not the same as "giving good reads") and then came on posting nothing but inflammatory ("idiots") stuff.

Very different than how she chose to characterize my vote. As it turns out, it didn't matter because I didn't come back in time to read her post ... but even if I had, that would have done nothing but solidify my vote.

Sucks bro. Having just been there last game, g'luck digging out from under.

Some people <love> to make the "it's early game, it's all random" argument, but a surprising amount of the time the village is able to narrow down and lynch a wolf on D1 or D2. That argument is 100% bunk.
Two days in . . . Welcome to the 100% club.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was looking over the roster and realized I had completely forgotten @nyanko was even playing. Can't remember if she was one that signed up despite being busy but just making a note of it so I don't forget to look for more from her tomorrow.

Two days in . . . Welcome to the 100% club.

That's a poor argument. I never said the village will always get a wolf early. And the village can get its butt kicked just like the wolves can.

But people routinely argue that the first day or two are basically random, and it just isn't true. Go look back at the last 20 or so games, calculate what % have snared wolves in the first two days, and you'll find it's much higher than just random chance would dictate.

The fact that it didn't happen this game is as silly as trying to make any generalization from a single data point.

Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure at least 5 of the last 9 games had d1 or d2 wolf lynches (Vet Clinic, Telenovela, Supernatural, HTGAWM, and Zoo)
In case anyone was doubting LIS's assertion. And those lynches weren't random luck either.

Reactions: 3 users
06_MyEyes.jpg

♫ Here's a story of a girl
Who grew up lost and lonely
Thinking love was fairytale
And trouble made only for me ♫
Penny was a very kind hearted girl. I had hopes she could turn this city around. But not being able to get involved I just had to watch how events unfolded last night. Penny went about her day as usual trying to get people to lend a caring hand.

♫ Will you lend a caring hand
To shelter those who need it
Only have to sign you name
Don't even have to read it

Would you help... No? How about you? ♫
Penny went from building to building in an attempt to get people to help those who needed it most. Somehow she didn't see the sign that had somehow fallen to the ground. It read 'Warning: This is a Chimney, Not a Balcony' To me the sign appeared to have been purposefully removed but it could have been an accident. Mistaking the chimney for a balcony, Penny walked out hoping to get more signatures. Instead she fell down the chimney into the furnace. I don't know if there is even much of a body for those who loved her to mourn over.​

Dead is @genny
Penny- a VILLAGER who could protect one player each night

It is now Day 3. Day will close at 10pm EDT

Roster

Caring Hands Soup Kitchen
1. @nyanko
2. @SARdoghandler - Other Moving Guy
3. @kcoughli
5. @LetItSnow

Captain Hammer's Command Center
6. @Caia
7. @WildZoo
8. @SummerTheLynx
9. @thedrjojo

The Laundromat
11. @Zensing
12. @sheltermed
13. @ddstothecor
14. @Animal Midwife
15. @hazelmoo

Dr. Horrible's Lab
16. @Coquette22
17. @Frozenshades
18. @WeimMama
19. @bjeh
20. @PippyPony

Caring Hands Homeless Shelter
22. @nohika
23. @Melchizedek
24. @Mad Jack

Midtown Cemetary
4. AM - NBN Newsman
10. LoTF - Driver
21. Genny - Penny

Ugh. I'll take LIS's vouch for now.

Paging @nohika and @Coquette22. I'd like to hear more from you.

If not I'll probably put my vote on one of these two

I'm really not a wolf. And I will readily admit all of the scheming and plotting goes over my head because I'm not an avid WW player. I'm voting to lynch Melchizedek

Last edited:
Ugh. I'll take LIS's vouch for now.

Paging @nohika and @Coquette22. I'd like to hear more from you.

If not I'll probably put my vote on one of these two

I've noticed nohika has been around but not really saying much. Kinda just lurking?

Coquette a bit too, as I've seen her posting on other threads...

♫ Here's a story of a girl named Penny
Who was walking like a lovely lovely girl
All her hair was curled because it's scary
To be chased clutched pearls.

Here's the story of a dog named sheltie
Who was busy with long walks of her own
Her stomach growled she was hungry
She liked to gnaw on bones.

'Til the one day when the Penny met this Sheltie
We knew it's all much more than a hunch
That this girl would become a blood meal
For a wolf that was looking for her lunch. ♫

Lynch sheltermed.

I'm not buying the noob of the world routine.

unlynch DDS

It's still just feels on my end, and LIS's soft vouch is enough for me to table this for today.

I forget who, but someone brought up that @nyanko hasn't been on. She posted in sign-ups that this is Splatoon 2 weekend, so she won't be on much.

@Coquette22, I want to hear more reads from you today.

I'm really not a wolf. And I will readily admit all of the scheming and plotting goes over my head because I'm not an avid WW player. I'm voting to lynch @Melchizedek.
Bold your lynch votes so they don't get lost. It's even better if you keep them bolded on a separate line. For example,

lynch Coquette
unlynch Coquette

I can't get over the sloppiness of that public info digging. I'm also rather sketched out by SM's (feigned?) cluelessness, but that can wait another day.

lynch mel

I've noticed nohika has been around but not really saying much. Kinda just lurking?

Coquette a bit too, as I've seen her posting on other threads...
Welcome to my style of playing? I'm a lurker. Pretty much everyone knows that by now. Also not a wolf.

Right now I have kcough as a village-leaner, CheezyD as wolf-leaning. Iffy about the dds/zensing thing. One of them is probably sketchy, imo.

Going to go with lynch CheezyD/Mel

So unfortunately I'm going to be driving for like 7 hours today so I won't be on a ton today. I'd like to hear some more from WM. I could go for a cheezey d lynch. The only reason I'm hesitant is because, if they are a wolf, wouldn't the other wolves be behind the scenes telling him to tone it down (which he hasn't done). He just reads a little like an outspoken, misguided villager to me but who knows.

Since most of you don’t trust me, every action I can take at this point, from asking questions to gamesolve; defending my playstyle; staying quiet; or even mourning a villager kill; is only going to make me more attractive as lynch-bait.

Only defense I have is that looks like the argument against me is founded by feelings on the way I play rather than any facts on what I’ve said/done.

The things I’ve done have furthered the game in terms of giving us starting points for building cases against people. One of those footholds, you all used as basis for your last lynch. It sucked that it turned out it was a villager, but at least we are getting somewhere.

On that note, LotF was a villager, one of her last actions was to vouch for me (even if it was 75%). I’m pretty sure she was using the conversation about my name as a truth baseline for how I argue or present a case. She found no inconsistencies between how I presented my case about my name and how I present my cases about wolves in-game.

After AM and Caia explained why everyone is reluctant to reveal (even to one person) that they have an ability, I get it. I made a mistake, and I'm okay with that because like I said, I was just trying to get a handle on things.

wouldn't the other wolves be behind the scenes telling him to tone it down (which he hasn't done). He just reads a little like an outspoken, misguided villager to me but who knows.

That might be the point!

I'm happy to be hearing more from Zensing, but would like to hear more from MJ, STL/his replacement, nyanko, and WM.

I thought we were mostly past it, but my noob questions are and always have been genuine. I don't mean to make myself sound sketchy, so I'm trying to learn to get around that. That's about all I have left to say about it - if there's nothing else I can do to convince whoever thinks it's wolfy that it isn't, I suppose I can't really help that. :shrug:

I'm still getting used to people's playing styles, so it's hard for me to confidently give reads that make any sense, but I will try nonetheless. I'm willing to accept LIS's vouch for dds for now, trusting the fact that he's (LIS) a veteran and knows what he's talking about. Hopefully that trust isn't misplaced. Also buying nohika's "I'm a lurker and everyone knows that" thing, since I really don't know her playing style and if that's what she says it is, sure, I guess. Concerned about CheezyD and their outspokenness, and they also seem to have a sort of personal vendetta against me (??), with really pushing for voting for me yesterday, though I'm not sure if that will have changed for today after some other interactions have taken place.

That might be the point!

I'm happy to be hearing more from Zensing, but would like to hear more from MJ, STL/his replacement, nyanko, and WM.

I thought we were mostly past it, but my noob questions are and always have been genuine. I don't mean to make myself sound sketchy, so I'm trying to learn to get around that. That's about all I have left to say about it - if there's nothing else I can do to convince whoever thinks it's wolfy that it isn't, I suppose I can't really help that. :shrug:

I'm still getting used to people's playing styles, so it's hard for me to confidently give reads that make any sense, but I will try nonetheless. I'm willing to accept LIS's vouch for dds for now, trusting the fact that he's (LIS) a veteran and knows what he's talking about. Hopefully that trust isn't misplaced. Also buying nohika's "I'm a lurker and everyone knows that" thing, since I really don't know her playing style and if that's what she says it is, sure, I guess. Concerned about CheezyD and their outspokenness, and they also seem to have a sort of personal vendetta against me (??), with really pushing for voting for me yesterday, though I'm not sure if that will have changed for today after some other interactions have taken place.
Oh yeah I forgot about him, did STL get replaced?

Bold your lynch votes so they don't get lost. It's even better if you keep them bolded on a separate line. For example,

lynch Coquette
unlynch Coquette
Lol if this had been D1 and you posted this, I'd probably be voting for you right now. Deja vu like woah ;)

Concerned about CheezyD and their outspokenness, and they also seem to have a sort of personal vendetta against me (??)
Nothing personal, its just about the game. I can't hate my cat twin :cat:

That might be the point!

Can you explain your reasoning for Zen and Weim here? The STL, nyanko and MJ call outs I understand. Just trying to get some more insight into thought process.

I still have heavy suspicions on Sheltermed, but since I'm probably going to be lynched I want these thoughts on the thread.

This occurred to me last night when I re-read the thread. SAR being lynched D1. Why did that happen? The only reasoning I can see when I go back and look is that STL started it as pressure then waffled off, then Pippy and Caia lynched back at SAR for doubting LotF and Pippy (even though SAR was using the same logic that everyone JUST used in D2), next thing we know WZ, Rojo, and MJ all voted, right near the deadline, with flimsy to no explanation (though of them all I’m most willing to overlook MJ, very believable it was a last minute vote due to IRL obligations and impending tie)

With the exception of Caia, these are also people that stayed away from lynching LotF as she emerged as an easy lynch on D2. Pippy even made it a point to explicitly state she wasn’t putting her money on LotF.

Since most of you don’t trust me, every action I can take at this point, from asking questions to gamesolve; defending my playstyle; staying quiet; or even mourning a villager kill; is only going to make me more attractive as lynch-bait.

Only defense I have is that looks like the argument against me is founded by feelings on the way I play rather than any facts on what I’ve said/done.

The things I’ve done have furthered the game in terms of giving us starting points for building cases against people. One of those footholds, you all used as basis for your last lynch. It sucked that it turned out it was a villager, but at least we are getting somewhere.

On that note, LotF was a villager, one of her last actions was to vouch for me (even if it was 75%). I’m pretty sure she was using the conversation about my name as a truth baseline for how I argue or present a case. She found no inconsistencies between how I presented my case about my name and how I present my cases about wolves in-game.

After AM and Caia explained why everyone is reluctant to reveal (even to one person) that they have an ability, I get it. I made a mistake, and I'm okay with that because like I said, I was just trying to get a handle on things.

Well, who do you currently think is sketchy? It's fine to make mistakes, just don't give up on yourself. Still 9.5 hours left.

I still have heavy suspicions on Sheltermed, but since I'm probably going to be lynched I want these thoughts on the thread.

This occurred to me last night when I re-read the thread. SAR being lynched D1. Why did that happen? The only reasoning I can see when I go back and look is that STL started it as pressure then waffled off, then Pippy and Caia lynched back at SAR for doubting LotF and Pippy (even though SAR was using the same logic that everyone JUST used in D2), next thing we know WZ, Rojo, and MJ all voted, right near the deadline, with flimsy to no explanation (though of them all I’m most willing to overlook MJ, very believable it was a last minute vote due to IRL obligations and impending tie)

With the exception of Caia, these are also people that stayed away from lynching LotF as she emerged as an easy lynch on D2. Pippy even made it a point to explicitly state she wasn’t putting her money on LotF.
I'm confused here. Are you calling me sketchball? I can quote the exact line that made me want to lynch SAR, if you would like clarification on that front.

Concerned about CheezyD and their outspokenness, and they also seem to have a sort of personal vendetta against me (??)
Where and how are you reading that? I haven't seen that.

Lol if this had been D1 and you posted this, I'd probably be voting for you right now. Deja vu like woah ;)
Absolutely nothing wrong with being helpful :p. Also, it's a minor pet peeve of mine.

Was going to reply to this, but got ninja'd by AM. Still way too early to count yourself out, especially when you're not the only sketchy person today. Don't you want to keep fighting?

AM is replacing STL
No, AM replaced Finnick.

I'm pretty tired so maybe I'm just confused. LotF was a villager too. Why would wolves draw attention to themselves and sway a lynch vote from one villager to another. Why not just ride out the villager that was already in the lead?

Reactions: 1 users
I'm confused here. Are you calling me sketchball? I can quote the exact line that made me want to lynch SAR, if you would like clarification on that front.
You got it ace ;)
Not just you but that block of people. And yes I know what your justification was, that SAR came out of the gate too strong against you and LotF. Your defense against SAR was that if you were a wolf you wouldn't defend another wolf D1. That reasoning is now null because we know LotF was a villager.

EDIT: I'm saying you're sketchy but you haven't hit my wolf threshold yet, I just want others to know what I'm thinking.

I'm pretty tired so maybe I'm just confused. LotF was a villager too. Why would wolves draw attention to themselves and sway a lynch vote from one villager to another. Why not just ride out the villager that was already in the lead?
Agreed. I would expect to see a wolf jump on the LoTF on D1 (moreso if she had gained more traction and they could be somewhat middle of the pack) and then go back to it D2 if the opportunity presented itself, which it did.