Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along WW Blog - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Ew. Did this turn into the Watering hole?!

Reactions: 1 users
Ew. Did this turn into the Watering hole?!
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 user
I thought you didn't take exception to nicknames. :rolleyes:

I may think its immature, I may not like it, but I will defend your right to say it. Besides if it really was as clever as you think it is, it would have caught on with everyone else.

Is...is it not? ****. I've been laughing at all the wrong stuff.

Aren't you also like 16? not necessarily the benchmark of maturity I'd go by :shrug:

Hello internet friends!

My view numbers have dropped a bit since yesterday. Maybe more of you are out making evil plans, and not getting online as often? Oh well. From my lab's window I saw the weirdest thing. A car was speeding down the street, totally out of control, and it looked like it was headed right for this pedestrian on the sidewalk. Then, at the last possible minute, it swerved and hit some attractive dude selling lemonade on the other side of the street! It was crazy. My adrenaline is still spiked.

Suffice it to say, it's been a really strange day.

My evil laugh (howl? cackle-thing) is coming along really well. I practiced a bit in the shower this morning, and then I took advantage of the bathroom acoustics to sing some pop music. There's something so catchy about it - I sing along, but it makes me feel kind of angry? I have some issues to work out.

♫A man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do
Don’t plan the plan if you can’t follow through
all that matters: taking matters into your own hands
Soon I’ll control everything, my wish is your command♫

You have lynched your favorite CheezyD, @Melchizedek

Bait, a Supervillian, who could cancel night once during the game.

It is now Night 3. Night will close at 10am EDT

Roster

Caring Hands Soup Kitchen
1. @nyanko
2. @SARdoghandler - Other Moving Guy
3. @kcoughli
5. @LetItSnow

Captain Hammer's Command Center
6. @Caia
7. @WildZoo
8. @SummerTheLynx
9. @thedrjojo

The Laundromat
11. @Zensing
12. @sheltermed
13. @ddstothecor
14. @Animal Midwife
15. @hazelmoo

Dr. Horrible's Lab
17. @Frozenshades
18. @WeimMama
19. @bjeh
20. @PippyPony

Caring Hands Homeless Shelter
22. @nohika
24. @Mad Jack

Midtown Cemetary
4. AM - NBN Newsman, Role Name Seer
10. LoTF - Driver, Vanilla at time of death
21. Genny - Penny, Protector
16. Coquette -
Wonderflonium, Kill Dead Bowie w/ lynch vote
23. CheezyD - Supervillian, 1 x Night Cancel

Reactions: 2 users
Suddenly @Coquette22 was burned to a crisp. I believe she was mistaken for a frozen pipe and someone attempted to thaw her out. Coquette just so happened to be a potentially unstable exotic material (wonderflonium) that is thought to explode when bounced. Luckily no bouncing occurred tonight. It also looks like someone won't be able to power their freeze ray now or anything that runs on wonderflonium.

Dead is Coquette
Wonderflonium - a VILLAGER who if she voted for Dead Bowie in any lynch, he would die - even if someone else had more votes

It is still D2. Lynch ends at 10pm EDT

Coquette's write-up is updated

Well, I'm going back to Mel after this. I want to forget this conversation ever happened.

Who's Dead Bowie? Is that a bad guy?

Welp. Hope that give you some sort of insight. I'm not usually an aggressive jerk in-game. Barring any miracle revives I'll see some of you in STL's game!

Thoughts on what might have happened, in roughly decreasing order of likelihood -
(1) There's a day vig who picked an incredibly stupid time to use it. The fact that it got us a villain doesn't change the fact that a 2min lynch scramble is a bad idea.
(2) The mods said at the beginning that role revealing was allowed, but would have consequences. Maybe Coquette was mod-killed for revealing too much?
(3) Wonderflonium does bad things when bounced. It's much less likely on the list of possibilities, but maybe spontaneous explosion was always a possibility for her role?

One of the Evil League of Evil high command. Others are Snakebite, Fury Leika, Fake Thomas Jefferson, Professor Normal, Bad Horse, and Dr. Horrible. Callout to @LetItSnow in case I missed one.

Bait is a supervillian that is NOT a member of the council. If Bait is here, her twin Switch probably is as well.

Also, if the mods included the ELoE council members with 0 speaking lines, Moist (Dr. Horrible's henchman) is almost certainly a role.

Thoughts on what might have happened, in roughly decreasing order of likelihood -
(1) There's a day vig who picked an incredibly stupid time to use it. The fact that it got us a villain doesn't change the fact that a 2min lynch scramble is a bad idea.
(2) The mods said at the beginning that role revealing was allowed, but would have consequences. Maybe Coquette was mod-killed for revealing too much?
(3) Wonderflonium does bad things when bounced. It's much less likely on the list of possibilities, but maybe spontaneous explosion was always a possibility for her role?
4) I was thinking maybe if she had a person she could kill just by lynching them maybe the opposite was also true?

idk my mind is still boggled.

Dead Bowie is a member of the Evil League of Evil. I'm not entirely sure on the link between him specifically and Wonderflonium.

Also, looks like we get to have fun colors this game after all. No win condition mentioned so not sure what to make of CheezyD's role.

I may think its immature, I may not like it, but I will defend your right to say it. Besides if it really was as clever as you think it is, it would have caught on with everyone else.

Aren't you also like 16? not necessarily the benchmark of maturity I'd go by :shrug:
It's like you don't understand how nicknames work.

You don't get to pick one. And it doesn't have to be perfect, just clever enough to confuse outsiders and cause a casual snicker when they ask about it. I'd say you got it worse than STD tho, your name really came out rough.

So it looks like we're going after the ELOL and Bad Horse is probably the alpha wolf. I guess the real question is, is Doctor Evil good or evil? And what about 'ol Hammer? I feel like they could both go either way.

So it looks like we're going after the ELOL and Bad Horse is probably the alpha wolf. I guess the real question is, is Doctor Evil good or evil? And what about 'ol Hammer? I feel like they could both go either way.
Yeah... I thought that the villains were wolves because Dr. Horrible was practicing his wolf howl at the beginning, but Mel's name wasn't red.

I'll think about it overnight. Goodnight, all.

If Doctor Evil Horrible is village, I could see him being prone to conversion seeing how he changed after Penny died.

Last edited:
Well that is certainly interesting. I would love to take a looksy at the people on the Coquette bandwagon, as I feel like that one formed suspiciously (especially with this new information). This may end up being a faction game if CheezyD isn't red.

Thinking out loud, Penny's death may have triggered an autoconversion for Dr. Horrible. Or opened the ability to convert. Something along those lines would be thematically appropriate.

Edit for appropriate villain title. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why that was bothering me so much earlier.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Thinking out loud, Penny's death may have triggered an autoconversion for Dr. Evil. Or opened the ability to convert. Something along those lines would be thematically appropriate.
He might be who killed Coquette as well though, as Dr. Evil had a murder ray and there was no note of mod intervention. That would fit less with a wolf and more with a villager, given the way the lynch turned out. I dunno tho, I'm tired and a bit buzzed.