Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along WW Blog - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's not true, but regardless I still feel like I asked a valid question. What's it to ya, anyway?

Because if you read that post, you wouldn't have needed to ask that question and trying to twist it into suspicion is rather odd.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Because if you read that post, you wouldn't have needed to ask that question and trying to twist it into suspicion is rather odd.

Maybe I misunderstood. I sincerely don't know how wolf kills occur in each game, as I haven't been playing for long at all. Hence, my question. I don't want / am not "allowed" to play the noob card anymore, but I really did think it was a valid question.

I'm gonna chalk it up to a misunderstanding on my part. I wasn't really all that suspicious anyway.

Apparently Melchizedek is a Bible dude in the Old Testament. Not sure if we should feel bad or not about the nickname now.
Hence my list of nicknames, and not just a "Bible dude" but "The King of Righteousness" (or a few other translations) amounting to him being the first truly Holy (big H) high priest considered pure. Jesus was considered to be "a high priest in the order of Melchizedek," meaning *** this is a guy that they compared Jesus to, hoping he would live up to that! *** He was the proto-messiah. Really, really rough version: The Jews kinda thought this guy would come back from heaven rather than having a new guy come claiming to be a son of God as Mel was the holiest and best a human could get. This guy was the old testament BAMF.

You don't need to feel bad about nicknaming somebody who gave themselves that title something like CheezyD. I mean, maybe he meant it more in the Superman kinda way, but... meh, no worries, it was still invited.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hence my list of nicknames, and not just a "Bible dude" but "The King of Righteousness" (or a few other translations) amounting to him being the first truly Holy (big H) high priest considered pure. Jesus was considered to be "a high priest in the order of Melchizedek," meaning *** this is a guy that they compared Jesus to, hoping he would live up to that! *** He was the proto-messiah. Really, really rough version: The Jews kinda thought this guy would come back from heaven rather than having a new guy come claiming to be a son of God as Mel was the holiest and best a human could get. This guy was the old testament BAMF.

You don't need to feel bad about nicknaming somebody who gave themselves that title something like CheezyD. I mean, maybe he meant it more in the Superman kinda way, but... meh, no worries, it was still invited.

Oh lord, you guys went old testament.
Anyone ever read the Alchemist?
I applaud you all for putting in the effort to google the name, now if only you'd thought to add the information just a few pixels below it....

Last edited:
I applaud you all for putting in the effort to google the name, now if only you'd thought to add the information just a few pixels below it....
Well since we're not offending your bible username anymore, cheese dick it is.

Maybe I misunderstood. I sincerely don't know how wolf kills occur in each game, as I haven't been playing for long at all. Hence, my question. I don't want / am not "allowed" to play the noob card anymore, but I really did think it was a valid question.

I'm gonna chalk it up to a misunderstanding on my part. I wasn't really all that suspicious anyway.

Ok, that's fair. LIS summed it up as I would. Unless there are other mechanisms like chaos or multiple groups or assassins, etc. games will generally have one kill at night that wolves as a group decide on. It goes back to the basic structure of WW.

Oh goodness, I didn't mean to offend by calling him a "Bible dude" -- I know nothing when it comes to that stuff, so I used that verbiage. My b.

Your list of nicknames definitely makes more sense now. I didn't know where any of them came from :p

Ok, that's fair. LIS summed it up as I would. Unless there are other mechanisms like chaos or multiple groups or assassins, etc. games will generally have one kill at night that wolves as a group decide on. It goes back to the basic structure of WW.

Thanks for clarifying!

Nope. :laugh: Even asked the husband if there was another Melchizedek that he knew of yesterday night... nope.:laugh:

As yet another aside, King of Salem, (since I Googled The Alchemist) is also one of the biblical names for Melchizedek, so the author at least had that character in mind as he wrote his book... so you are a guy, named after an "old king" named after "the end all, be all."

But, reading the synopsis, I see why you changed your name and how it calls to you. Best of luck on your pilgrimage!

Oh goodness, I didn't mean to offend by calling him a "Bible dude" -- I know nothing when it comes to that stuff, so I used that verbiage. My b.

Your list of nicknames definitely makes more sense now. I didn't know where any of them came from :p
Nah, I thought it was funny. It was like worrying about offending someone who titles themselves after their hero and the best example of humanity that could be found. Either they are arrogant, and will get offended, or they emulate their mentor and see the friendly humor and roll with it. Either way, I see no problem in poking the bear, I just was trying to explain the joke (or at least my misunderstood version of it) so that you knew you were not likely upsetting zer.

Was CheezyD someone else at one point?

This reminds me of the Cain and Abel in the anime Trinity Blood. Shows/books/whatever steal Bible folks all the time, I think.
Yes... but the name escapes me this minute. Med side.

Members don't see this ad :)
just as a sidenote ~55 of our combined 265 posts have been about my name :roflcopter:

I'm not particularly religious and haven't taken any offense to any of the nicknames anyone has suggested, I know its all in good fun and not a personal attack haha
Yes the Melchizedek from The Alchemist is supposed to be the same one from the old testament, but rather than being portrayed as this pinnacle of human morality, he is a dedicated servant of god who shows up as a guiding force to help people fulfill their own personal legend (my interpretation is that his own personal legend is to guide as many people as he possibly can).

Yes I was _MDHopeful_ but changed it to Melchizedek for a number of reasons:
1. The Alchemist is my favorite book.
2. I have a strange knack for showing up in a person's life right when they need me, just like the character in the book. This has led to some pretty radical situations from physically stopping a suicide, to helping someone discover their place in the world.
3. I believe I have the same personal legend, to help as many people as I can, and the best way I see myself doing that is through medicine.

Anyone who wants to discuss the book or the character or such I'd love to create a new thread about it lmk.

The Alchemist is my favorite book too. One of my dogs is named Santiago after the main character, and his dog tag says "I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you" - a quote from the book :love:

just as a sidenote ~55 of our combined 265 posts have been about my name :roflcopter:

I'm not particularly religious and haven't taken any offense to any of the nicknames anyone has suggested, I know its all in good fun and not a personal attack haha
Yes the Melchizedek from The Alchemist is supposed to be the same one from the old testament, but rather than being portrayed as this pinnacle of human morality, he is a dedicated servant of god who shows up as a guiding force to help people fulfill their own personal legend (my interpretation is that his own personal legend is to guide as many people as he possibly can).

Yes I was _MDHopeful_ but changed it to Melchizedek for a number of reasons:
2. I have a strange knack for showing up in a person's life right when they need me, just like the character in the book. This has led to some pretty radical situations from physically stopping a suicide, to helping someone discover their place in the world.
3. I believe I have the same personal legend, to help as many people as I can, and the best way I see myself doing that is through medicine.

Anyone who wants to discuss the book or the character or such I'd love to create a new thread about it lmk.
I just read your name as Mel+Cheesy+Dick.

I just read your name as Mel+Cheesy+Dick.
Make no mistake, just because I have a soft side doesn't mean that I can't be just as ruthless, cunning, and sarcastic as the best of you. Cross me and I WILL end you ;)

It seems there wasn't too much going on last night. From my lofty perch it seemed that a fair number of people forgot they could even do anything more than just cower at home. Maybe they'll wise up tonight and realize they can help make this city better by just doing something about the crime.

I did happen to see an unfortunate accident occur last night. It seemed like a crazy random happenstance. AM was wanting to relax and enjoy the night at the amusement park just outside the city. Hoping to forget about the troubles of the day, she decided she would operate the roller coaster herself rather than the actual operator. Sadly her hair and arm got stuck and she was pulled up quite high. When she finally came loose (we think on her own but are unsure) she fell back-first onto a fence.

Dead is @Animal Midwife
NBN Newsman- a VILLAGER who could seer one person every night to determine their name

While it is a tragedy that AM is dead, I did hear some excitement and joyous cries coming from the house of @SARdoghandler. Someone was shouting 'The king is alive'. I think they may have gotten confused but SAR's fanatical following has brought her back to the living despite any confusion.

Welcome back SAR!

It seems between the tragic death of AM and the joyous return of SAR, a faint chorus could be heard. I wonder if someone was evaluating applications last night?

It is now Day 2. Lynch will close at 10pm EDT

Roster

Caring Hands Soup Kitchen
1. @nyanko
2. @SARdoghandler - Other Moving Guy
3. @kcoughli
5. @LetItSnow

Captain Hammer's Command Center
6. @Caia
7. @WildZoo
8. @SummerTheLynx
9. @thedrjojo
10. @LadyOtheFarm

The Laundromat
11. @Zensing
12. @sheltermed
13. @ddstothecor
14. @finnickthedog
15. @hazelmoo

Dr. Horrible's Lab
16. @Coquette22
17. @Frozenshades
18. @WeimMama
19. @bjeh
20. @PippyPony

Caring Hands Homeless Shelter
21. @genny
22. @nohika
23. @Melchizedek
24. @Mad Jack

Midtown Cemetary
4. AM - NBN Newsman

Last edited:
D2 It's a Brand New Day Lynch Tally

- crickets -

0/23 voting

Lynch deadline 10pm EDT

tumblr_n8efkgJMoB1qehu0oo1_500.gif

Lynch dds

Would like him to talk some more. Also an interesting kill choice given that I believe he was a mason with AM in a recent game and she might therefore be top of mind.

Lynch LotF

I'm willing to change, especially since it's so early in the day, but the lack of voting bothers me. Also thought it was weird she wasn't around during vote but showed up after it was over. I did read her reasoning, but I want to hear more from her.

Maybe I'm being too critical? I dunno, that still just seems weird to me. Shouldn't anyone who has played any WW know that? This ain't SM's first lynchin

Thoughts from yesterday:
I don't think LoTF would have peaced out without voting at the end of the lynch cycle, especially being in the lead, if she were a wolf. However, her retaliatory lynch vote for bleh and her weird comments regarding being vanilla AND being able to possible "do more" were really weird. Still, I'm not convinced.
LIS's comments stood out to me. I really didn't like how he jumped on sheltermed for following his lead. It sounded like he was trying to cover his ass if Mel ended up getting lynched as a villager - which shouldn't really matter if you're village. Also, the contingency vote for LoTF seems too easy..
MJ is also on my radar... he broke he tie and voted for sar last minute without posting anything all day. Why was sar more sketchy than LoTF? Something didn't seem right there to me.
For now I'm going to lynch LIS

Lynch LotF
I'm willing to change, especially since it's so early in the day, but the lack of voting bothers me.

I don't know that it's particularly wolfy to retract a vote like that, though. It's pretty attention grabbing. It does make me wonder if there is indeed a chaos bouncing around, though -- specifically, one that would get "points" for things like that (similar to Kam's neutral role in a recent game and my MJ chaos role in the redux game). She made that one comment earlier* like "I could be so much more"... curious phrasing.

*(On phone, but will go back in a moment to dig up the quote I'm referring to and edit this accordingly)

**lynch hmoo**

MJ breaking the tie is only wolfy if you believe Cheezy is a wolf, and Hmoo isn't voting that way.

I don't read LIS as wolfy at all yet, quite the opposite. So I'm going with Hmoo for having weird reads.

Thoughts from yesterday:
I don't think LoTF would have peaced out without voting at the end of the lynch cycle, especially being in the lead, if she were a wolf. However, her retaliatory lynch vote for bleh and her weird comments regarding being vanilla AND being able to possible "do more" were really weird. Still, I'm not convinced.
LIS's comments stood out to me. I really didn't like how he jumped on sheltermed for following his lead. It sounded like he was trying to cover his ass if Mel ended up getting lynched as a villager - which shouldn't really matter if you're village. Also, the contingency vote for LoTF seems too easy..
MJ is also on my radar... he broke he tie and voted for sar last minute without posting anything all day. Why was sar more sketchy than LoTF? Something didn't seem right there to me.
I kind of felt like LIS drew attention to himself by pursuing the stuff with shelter so I guess I wasn't really seeing that as a wolf move.

I kind of felt like LIS drew attention to himself by pursuing the stuff with shelter so I guess I wasn't really seeing that as a wolf move.

LIS tries to play the exact same as a wolf or villager... so I wouldn't say that drawing attention to himself would be unimaginable for him as a wolf

I woke up to a dead, broken phone this morning. I am thrilled as you can tell.

So I'm going to ****lynch SM**** for now on the premise above. Will revisit when I have the opportunity to check back.

I don't know that it's particularly wolfy to retract a vote like that, though. It's pretty attention grabbing. It does make me wonder if there is indeed a chaos bouncing around, though -- specifically, one that would get "points" for things like that (similar to Kam's neutral role in a recent game and my MJ chaos role in the redux game). She made that one comment earlier* like "I could be so much more"... curious phrasing.

*(On phone, but will go back in a moment to dig up the quote I'm referring to and edit this accordingly)
That's because it wasn't supposed to be retalitory. A bandwagon was starting, and there was an adopter with no reasoning. I voted based on that, but bleh corrected me that the reason was there, just far enough back that I hadn't connected them. I unlynched when shown wrong.

I already explained why I didn't come back, but if you need more detail to foment belief: dumb fair goers keep taking my around 2 week old baby goats out of their pen and carrying them around. Other fair goers wanna buy one, but they want a girl with the size and patterns of the boy... or they want my only one with a non showable error (cuz she is gorgeous otherwise) to have no error so they can get a show goat for cheap. There is more, but hopefully that explains why I was stuck talking to people IRL rather than here.

Lynch dubz

just because I know it will irk her and I feel like starting some trouble
If you wanna start trouble with me, maybe wait until I'm not driving all day ;)

Give it time, young grasshopper. Nicknames develop over time.

Also, not by me. I'm not in vet med for my creativity.
But you did come up with the MadZoo name, and for that @Mad Jack and I thank you :love:
The only loss is from village numbers and the potential that I could have been so much more...
Here's my issue with LotF, which I didn't really want to bring out on thread. I have a super super minor villager character. Like I think my character says one line. And even I have an ability. That makes me doubt a vanillager claim.
From my own modding perspective, it makes sense not to make these things too predictable - give a minor character an ability, make a less minor character vanilla, etc. I always include a couple vanillas anyway. I do think it was very early to drop a vanilla claim, and earlier still to drop the line above.
Actually my biggest issue with it is that it becomes easy enough for wolves to parse out who else might be vanilla, vanilla with potential, or not vanilla based on how they respond to that claim. And is definitely something I have seen wolves do before to get that kind of info - just not necessarily something that I think lotf would do.
It's only day 2 so I'm willing to put her on the backburner for the moment and see how I feel about her the rest of the day..
It does make me wonder if there is indeed a chaos bouncing around, though -- specifically, one that would get "points" for things like that (similar to Kam's neutral role in a recent game and my MJ chaos role in the redux game). She made that one comment earlier* like "I could be so much more"... curious phrasing.
Not unprecedented for roles that start as vanilla to have the potential to gain abilities later on - that was actually one of the questions STL asked me in the vet clinic game when I was claiming vanilla then. They can sometimes inherit roles that die early, or gain some other ability later on. That particular detail makes me believe lotf's story a little more.

ETA: There is almost certainly chaos in this game though. Can't imagine PBC helping design a game without it.
Ok, so long as I'm not crazy. I recall she was lynched first last game so I wasn't sure what she's done.
She's been a wolf, and played the noob card pretty heavy that game (they say it wasn't an act, but still) so I am wary of these kinds of things coming from her.

Reactions: 3 users
Couple more random thoughts: STL does not seem like himself but he's also only posted twice, so maybe just busy-ness. Would like to see more from him but I don't necessarily think he would drop off like that as a wolf. And the whole amusement park thing from the writeup strikes me as odd since it's basically like AM killed herself. Not sure if that's supposed to hint at something or what.

Since I'd like to get an early read on her, I'm going to join kcough and lynch Zen

Now off to rewatch the show :D

Couple more random thoughts: STL does not seem like himself but he's also only posted twice, so maybe just busy-ness. Would like to see more from him but I don't necessarily think he would drop off like that as a wolf.

Agreed, and the N1 AM kill also is something I could see him (or you :)) doing, since she has lived until end game quite a bit recently, if memory serves.

Or we have the same wolf team as last game, and they're trying to avoid a repeat of the uproar of killing someone their first game back or someone who has repeatedly died early :laugh:

What I had originally typed out: "Just wanted to say, I called LIS's accusation of me baseless, but"
and then I started deleting. The full thought was: "Just wanted to say, I called LIS's accusation of me baseless, but I totally see where you are coming from. I would probably do the same thing."

That's all I wanted, dude, and it's not unreasonable of me to ask it. Wolves have been caught for less. Be frustrated all you want, but it was your comment that led down the track. I just wanted to chase the crumb and make sure it wasn't anything actionable, and unfortunately, the person who MADE the comment doesn't get to decide whether something is meaningful or not.

Thanks.

Seriously?

No, not entirely seriously. See below.

Maybe I'm being too critical? I dunno, that still just seems weird to me. Shouldn't anyone who has played any WW know that? This ain't SM's first lynchin

Shouldn't anyone who has played any WW know what? How wolf kills work? Again, keep reading.....

Ok, so long as I'm not crazy. I recall she was lynched first last game so I wasn't sure what she's done.

I was a wolf in the war of three worlds, where we decided as a group who to kill. That's the first and only time I've been one. In WZ's game last week, I was neutral.

Anyway--it was a sincere question. I've only played a couple of games, so I wasn't 100% on how wolf kills work in each and every game. When CheezyD asked if number of kills indicated number of wolves, it sparked my thought process of maybe it didn't work that way (the way of deciding kills as a group) in all of them; perhaps that it worked that way in most games, but some switched it up a bit. I was uneasy about asking the question in the first place mainly for WZ's reasoning above, but I really did want to know. Now I do.

Depends. Could still be an affiliation seer out there. Village role name seer may be indicative that there is no affiliation seer, though, and that role names do correlate with affiliation.

This is what I get for posting as I go rather than reading the whole thread first.

Ah well. I'm too old to change.

I had the same thought, but I'm wrestling with it because it seems like WAYYYYYY too crude - even for a relatively new player - of an effort to throw shade on me by a wolf. First off - why bother? It's early, village will probably lynch village, so no reason to draw attention to herself. Secondly ... if it was an intentional attempt, it was so poorly executed that I kinda have to assume it was genuine.

I know, that's fairly WIFOM, but ... I'm inclined to let it go for now.

Thoughts from yesterday:

I'm ok with your vote, 'cause you at least have a decent reason, which is how I encourage people to play ...

... but I wasn't trying to cover my ass. I was just alerted because I felt like Shelter was trying to coattail me. Which is sketchy.

**lynch hmoo**

MJ breaking the tie is only wolfy if you believe Cheezy is a wolf, and Hmoo isn't voting that way.

I don't read LIS as wolfy at all yet, quite the opposite. So I'm going with Hmoo for having weird reads.

Eh. I get what Hmoo is saying. She's wrong, but I don't read her as wolfy for it. Just a typical WW misread. I'm trying really hard not to be reactionary and get into something similar to a classic LIS-DVMD shouting match where two villagers go at each other.