Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along WW Blog - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thoughts from yesterday:
I don't think LoTF would have peaced out without voting at the end of the lynch cycle, especially being in the lead, if she were a wolf. However, her retaliatory lynch vote for bleh and her weird comments regarding being vanilla AND being able to possible "do more" were really weird. Still, I'm not convinced.
LIS's comments stood out to me. I really didn't like how he jumped on sheltermed for following his lead. It sounded like he was trying to cover his ass if Mel ended up getting lynched as a villager - which shouldn't really matter if you're village. Also, the contingency vote for LoTF seems too easy..
MJ is also on my radar... he broke he tie and voted for sar last minute without posting anything all day. Why was sar more sketchy than LoTF? Something didn't seem right there to me.
For now I'm going to lynch LIS

Didn't MJ say his vote was out of self preservation?

Members don't see this ad.

I kind of felt like LIS drew attention to himself by pursuing the stuff with shelter so I guess I wasn't really seeing that as a wolf move.

You talking about Shelter's follow up vote? The "I agree with LIS" thing?

Or Shelter's bit questioning whether I had inside wolf info? Cause that was Caia pursuing all that stuff. I stayed out of it because I thought Shelter was just being silly.

That's because it wasn't supposed to be retalitory. A bandwagon was starting, and there was an adopter with no reasoning. I voted based on that, but bleh corrected me that the reason was there, just far enough back that I hadn't connected them. I unlynched when shown wrong.

I already explained why I didn't come back, but if you need more detail to foment belief: dumb fair goers keep taking my around 2 week old baby goats out of their pen and carrying them around. Other fair goers wanna buy one, but they want a girl with the size and patterns of the boy... or they want my only one with a non showable error (cuz she is gorgeous otherwise) to have no error so they can get a show goat for cheap. There is more, but hopefully that explains why I was stuck talking to people IRL rather than here.

The more people give real life reasons for why they can't participate, they more I want to vote for them.

Being busy does not mean being a villager. Zero correlation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed, and the N1 AM kill also is something I could see him (or you :)) doing, since she has lived until end game quite a bit recently, if memory serves.

Or we have the same wolf team as last game, and they're trying to avoid a repeat of the uproar of killing someone their first game back or someone who has repeatedly died early :laugh:
She has. Not a surprising kill choice imo, reading through I didn't see any hints at roleyness from her so I bet that was the reasoning.

Not sure it really narrows down any wolf identities though, pretty common reasoning for N1 kills and has been mentioned a lot lately.

Anyway--it was a sincere question. I've only played a couple of games, so I wasn't 100% on how wolf kills work in each and every game. When CheezyD asked if number of kills indicated number of wolves, it sparked my thought process of maybe it didn't work that way (the way of deciding kills as a group) in all of them; perhaps that it worked that way in most games, but some switched it up a bit. I was uneasy about asking the question in the first place mainly for WZ's reasoning above, but I really did want to know. Now I do.

It's fine. I wrote a response to you about three times, but then I saw Caia and you bantered it back and forth and I decided I didn't have anything to add.

Yes, I'm making an assumption about how the game works. But it's an assumption based on playing a few hundred games here and 99.9% of all games working that way, so I felt like it was as close to a 'sure thing' as you can get, which is why I stated it with certainty.

Reactions: 1 user
You talking about Shelter's follow up vote? The "I agree with LIS" thing?

Or Shelter's bit questioning whether I had inside wolf info? Cause that was Caia pursuing all that stuff. I stayed out of it because I thought Shelter was just being silly.
Yes I was talking about shelter agreeing with you and your response.

giphy.gif

Please recognize the irony in me choosing that particular gif after my rant in that particular WW game about gifs.

At least, I think I got it right.

Reactions: 7 users
The more people give real life reasons for why they can't participate, they more I want to vote for them.

Being busy does not mean being a villager. Zero correlation.
It also does not mean I am a wolf. Someone was saying that the fact that I did not get back on to make a lynch vote made me sketchy, especially because I just gave a quick reason afterward.

Being gone does not signal affiliation. I agree. I tried to just give a quick "Sorry" but that wasn't accepted, so I gave more details. But, realizing I am not going to make everybody happy, I'll just keep trucking.

It also does not mean I am a wolf. Someone was saying that the fact that I did not get back on to make a lynch vote made me sketchy, especially because I just gave a quick reason afterward.

Being gone does not signal affiliation. I agree. I tried to just give a quick "Sorry" but that wasn't accepted, so I gave more details. But, realizing I am not going to make everybody happy, I'll just keep trucking.

Yeah, but so far let's look at your game play:

Lots and lots and lots of posting about CheezyD's name, with almost no game input.

And then a whole lotta "hey, I've been too busy goating to participate."

Surely you can see why that's sketchy.

I definitely don't see any reason to move my lynch vote off of you.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm ok with your vote, 'cause you at least have a decent reason, which is how I encourage people to play ...

... but I wasn't trying to cover my ass. I was just alerted because I felt like Shelter was trying to coattail me. Which is sketchy.
That's fair.

Didn't MJ say his vote was out of self preservation?
What? He didn't even have any votes...

Members don't see this ad :)
Unofficial Day 2 Lynch Tally

Zen (2) - kcough, dubz
dds (1) - Pippy
lotf (2) - LIS, bjeh
LIS (1) - hmoo
hmoo (1) - genny
sm (1) - caia

Deadline 10pm EDT

893102472f33c857035246dbbb343e46.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Also an interesting kill choice given that I believe he was a mason with AM in a recent game and she might therefore be top of mind.
They weren't masons but they were the most adorable PM partners on the planet. Your post reminded me of that. Doesn't mean much but one of those things where I'll actually put dds a little lower on the list for the moment.

I'm still suspicious of the 'nilla comment. :/ Although I will admit I don't know how common vanilla characters are in the past year or two worth of games.

Going to go with lynch LOTF

for now I'm going to lynch LoTF.
Like most, I thought her 'nilla role reveal so soon was strange. I also remember someone mentioning that even very minor character(s) have some sort of ability, no matter how small, so a vanilla claim might be far fetched for this game in particular. Not sure how accurate that is, but it spoke to me a bit when it was mentioned. Her game play has also been shoddy; I kind of appreciated her explanation of the real Melchizedek but felt it was all a giant distraction to what she could have actually been contributing.

Zensing is also on my radar. I haven't played many games (if any...?) with her, but do feel she's been quiet. I think only 7 posts total this game the last time I checked. She was my mentor during the noob game back in December, which I don't remember much of, but I feel like folks who have enough experience to be mentors should be contributing a bit more.

Oh man AM I feel for you, thats a rough way to go. RIP.

giphy.gif

Not sure how much I can be on today so I’m just gonna get out all my thoughts in one go, hopefully check back in before last call for lynch.

Now when I was little, my mother always said you should trust healthcare professionals. Since everyone here is either a honest, kind, and ethical professional, or aspiring to be one, I can trust you all. So I'm only going to ask once. Raise your hands if you're a wolf 'kay?

:heckyeah:

I made this statement because its a tactic that has successfully caught me a few wolves before (granted I was able to use body language for tells and reads). Here's how:

I'm a villager. Being a wolf and making that statement with a bunch of veteran players would instantly label me a wolf because I know (hope) that you'd all see right through something like that.

Most likely reactions to my post:

Ignore it altogether

Nervous innocents don't want to paint a target on their back so they don't respond.

Cocky wolf responds with hand-raise gesture, hiding under the guise of sarcasm.

Nervous wolf responds saying they are a villager just to get it out there.

Smart wolf knows I just made myself a village target and either starts/bandwagons a lynch vote for me in order to get an easy 1st kill.

I fully expected a lynch vote for me to start because of this comment. I made myself lynch-bait on purpose. The telling part isn't who says what to the question, its who lynch votes for me.

I realize that by playing this card so early and explaining it so succinctly, I'll probably never be able to use it in another game, but I wanted to show you I'm no noob.

I have suspicions on who I think/know to be wolves, but for now I’m putting Sheltermed on the chopping block.

See above reasons. In addition, SM tried to make me a target by doubting my first post, saw that they had some traction with LIS’s vote and lynched me, made no contributing/gamesolving posts for the rest of D1 other than to cast more suspicion on me.
Also noted a pattern that doesn’t sit well with me. SM backs off of any line of questioning as soon as someone implies they are a wolf (posts #252 #221 #229) That to me sounds like a wolf or chaos trying to setup viable lynches, not gaining traction, and backing off.

I don't know who this person is and want to put some pressure on him/her to see how she plays.
Satisfied?
Now you see why more often than not I was made Ref instead of being allowed to play lol

Lynch Sheltermed

Other thoughts:
Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but its been MJ’s recent style to only pop in right before deadlines (due to time restraints IRL or whatever)? Just trying to establish if this is sketchy behaviour or baseline.

SAR! Welcome back from the dead!
But are we trusting this as a straightforward revive? Conversion? Same ability? Ability nullified? The narrative sounds a little like someone revived him. I could see Dead Bowie’s character having that ability, but Dead Bowie is in the Evil League of Evil so I don’t think it would be without its repercussions. Just too many questions for me to trust anything SAR says anymore.

Whoever used their ability on me last night. ME and YOU have some things to hash out :rage:.

I spent a little while reading DocE’s Arcanum WW. Damn, I wish I had been around for that game, it looks awesome so far. Plus DocE and I would get along very well haha

Another Unofficial Day 2 Lynch Tally Because Reasons

Zen (2) - kcough, dubz
dds (1) - Pippy
lotf (4) - LIS, bjeh, nohika, sm
LIS (1) - hmoo
hmoo (1) - genny
sm (2) - caia, CheezyD

Deadline 10pm EDT

giphy.gif

Not sure how much I can be on today so I’m just gonna get out all my thoughts in one go, hopefully check back in before last call for lynch.

I made this statement because its a tactic that has successfully caught me a few wolves before (granted I was able to use body language for tells and reads). Here's how:

I'm a villager. Being a wolf and making that statement with a bunch of veteran players would instantly label me a wolf because I know (hope) that you'd all see right through something like that.

Ignore it altogether

Nervous innocents don't want to paint a target on their back so they don't respond.

Smart wolf knows I just made myself a village target and either starts/bandwagons a lynch vote for me in order to get an easy 1st kill.

I fully expected a lynch vote for me to start because of this comment. I made myself lynch-bait on purpose. The telling part isn't who says what to the question, its who lynch votes for me.

I realize that by playing this card so early and explaining it so succinctly, I'll probably never be able to use it in another game, but I wanted to show you I'm no noob.

I have suspicions on who I think/know to be wolves, but for now I’m putting Sheltermed on the chopping block.

See above reasons. In addition, SM tried to make me a target by doubting my first post, saw that they had some traction with LIS’s vote and lynched me, made no contributing/gamesolving posts for the rest of D1 other than to cast more suspicion on me.
Also noted a pattern that doesn’t sit well with me. SM backs off of any line of questioning as soon as someone implies they are a wolf (posts #252 #221 #229) That to me sounds like a wolf or chaos trying to setup viable lynches, not gaining traction, and backing off.

Satisfied?
Now you see why more often than not I was made Ref instead of being allowed to play lol

Lynch Sheltermed
I think you are over thinking it and if you assume those are the only responses then you can get fleeced pretty easily...
Cocky villager may also hand-raising gesture hiding under the guise of sarcasm (this is my usual go to as a wolf or villager, since a real smart wolf plays the same way regardless)
And smart wolf would probably be more likely to ignore it than anything else because it was a stupid comment that didn't registure one way or the other in showing you wolf or villager

Reactions: 3 users

giphy.gif

Ignore it altogether

Satisfied?

Lynch Sheltermed
this post is also more likely to make me think you are a wolf than anything else you have done.

You remind me of STL... do we have a new idiot/savant?

And no, that's not meant to be a compliment...

Reactions: 2 users
No, not entirely seriously. See below.

Shouldn't anyone who has played any WW know what? How wolf kills work? Again, keep reading.....

I was a wolf in the war of three worlds, where we decided as a group who to kill. That's the first and only time I've been one. In WZ's game last week, I was neutral.

Anyway--it was a sincere question. I've only played a couple of games, so I wasn't 100% on how wolf kills work in each and every game. When CheezyD asked if number of kills indicated number of wolves, it sparked my thought process of maybe it didn't work that way (the way of deciding kills as a group) in all of them; perhaps that it worked that way in most games, but some switched it up a bit. I was uneasy about asking the question in the first place mainly for WZ's reasoning above, but I really did want to know. Now I do.

There are so many other ways that you could have asked it though, imo. Also, I'd kinda expect that you would also read a few games too if you weren't sure about something as big as that.

I don't think that's unreasonable.

It's fine. I wrote a response to you about three times, but then I saw Caia and you bantered it back and forth and I decided I didn't have anything to add.

Yes, I'm making an assumption about how the game works. But it's an assumption based on playing a few hundred games here and 99.9% of all games working that way, so I felt like it was as close to a 'sure thing' as you can get, which is why I stated it with certainty.

I was half-waiting for your reply and then figured you had maybe gone to bed. :laugh:

D2 These... are not the Hammer Lynch Tally

zen (2) - kcough, dubz
dds (1) - pippy
LoTF (4) - lis, bjeh, nohika, shelter
lis (1) - hmoo
hmoo (1) - genny
shelter (2) - caia, CheezyD

11/23 voting

Deadline 10pm EDT (~7 hours)

I think you are over thinking it and if you assume those are the only responses then you can get fleeced pretty easily...
Cocky villager may also hand-raising gesture hiding under the guise of sarcasm (this is my usual go to as a wolf or villager, since a real smart wolf plays the same way regardless)
And smart wolf would probably be more likely to ignore it than anything else because it was a stupid comment that didn't registure one way or the other in showing you wolf or villager

How can you say I'm overthinking it when my action produced the results and subsequent logic that is making everyone question LotF? The only reason I didn't vote for LotF is because I have a stronger case against SM and I'd rather be safer than sorry.

And I didn't say that those were the only reactions, just the most likely ones and the ones that allow me to start a line of inquiry which is better than those that will get me nowhere.

Regardless, my intent coming out with this was to clear any remaining suspicion on why I made the comment in the first place, and to lay out the breadcrumbs for if/when I die and come out as a villager.

giphy.gif

What ability would that be?

I don't want to give away too much in case it was just a villager with good intent, but I would like for someone to pipe up.

Swift lunch break!

Thanks to whoever brought me back, unexpected but nice surprise! As far as I can tell from what the mods said to me, it's a straight forward rez. I was told I was brought back to life because of someone being a big, powerful, fan. They even asked for my autograph - though I assume this was just flavour text.

IDK about LotF today. I buy the whole vanillager-until-x-condition thing more easily than I do a plain vanillager, though rojo is vouching for vanillager roles existing in the game at this point. However, having trouble thinking of what character might fit with such a condition well (maybe related to Penny somehow?) and then also whether that kind of mechanics guessing will even help or if it's just a rabbit hole that will not be useful in the end. If abilities fitting characters was something we might consider, I could see that type of role going villager or chaos type.

Feeling somewhat uneasy about sheltermed today. I get the whole noob thing but it just seems overly exaggerated to me. And, having been lynched a few times before for asking noob questions, I feel like that's something you learn real quick after 1-2 games not to do or something you use as a cover. Just seems like a heck of a lot of fishing and things that raise my eyebrows, even if I do assume noob as a bias.

Lynch sheltermed for now. Having a photoshoot with my dog (I might have a problem) when I get home tonight so not sure how much I'll be back around before lynch close. Will try to keep up on my phone when I can

Reactions: 1 users
Other thoughts:
Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but its been MJ’s recent style to only pop in right before deadlines (due to time restraints IRL or whatever)? Just trying to establish if this is sketchy behaviour or baseline.

But are we trusting this as a straightforward revive? Conversion? Same ability? Ability nullified? The narrative sounds a little like someone revived him. I could see Dead Bowie’s character having that ability, but Dead Bowie is in the Evil League of Evil so I don’t think it would be without its repercussions. Just too many questions for me to trust anything SAR says anymore.

Whoever used their ability on me last night. ME and YOU have some things to hash out :rage:.

I spent a little while reading DocE’s Arcanum WW. Damn, I wish I had been around for that game, it looks awesome so far. Plus DocE and I would get along very well haha
read @DocEspana Protoman game...

Unofficial Day 2 Lynch Tally

Zen (2) - kcough, dubz
dds (1) - Pippy
lotf (2) - LIS, bjeh
LIS (1) - hmoo
hmoo (1) - genny
sm (1) - caia

Deadline 10pm EDT

Still annoyed I didn't get the Captain Hammer role.

Or Moist. One of my favorite bit characters in the Sing-a-long.

Ok just to get my thoughts down before I have to go do more things to sheep in a bit...

I've had a lot of the same thoughts that a few others have had about sheltermed seeming to overly play up the noob questions, but I get it because I had a bunch of questions last game and got ignored and then got crap for it, so I'm kinda inclined to buy that as genuine.

STL/MJ/genny seem like they are being quiet to me

LoTF i get the real life stuff and totally believe it as true, but like she and LIS both said, that is neither here nor there so not a huge fan of it being brought up repeatedly. like pretty much everyone else i didnt like the early villager claim, seemingly without much provocation or the cryptic "vanillager for now" type of statement later. nothing from today has changed any of this for me so still feeling quite questionable

cheezy d is rubbing me really wrong and its only gone downhill. I had my eyebrows raised for a lot of yesterday but today's content (esp the long 'ha ha see how successful i was at riling people up yesterday' post) has me feeling like its so freaking intense/flamboyant/over the top that its making me feel like something a wolf would do because people will think its way too attention grabbing to be a wolf. plus the homage to AM.... oy

a lot of the other players i have never played with before or even lurked on a game with them in it so im trying to feel things out

ETA: I'm also not sure how to feel about SAR. I am always paranoid that someone who is rez'ed will have come back as something other than village

for now im gonna LYNCH CHEEZYD

Last edited:
Satisfied?

I am satisfied. I don't think the analysis was spot on, but I think it was overall pretty good.

I don't see why more often than not you were made ref, though. If you're implying because of some amazing skillz or something ... yawn. Not that impressed. There are some very good players around here.

Other thoughts:

MJ used to be annoyingly prolific (and usually not on-tangent, which just made it worse). But he's a smart player.

Lately he's been legit busy, which has made him erratically present (like me), which just makes it annoying to try and read him.

SDN Pre-Vet context, it's most likely just a standard revive, though everything you mentioned is an option. Assuming it was a villager revive and one-time ability, it's pretty reasonable for the person who did it to speak up. Lacking that, I view SAR with healthy skepticism.....

Yeah, that was my thought, too (and why I said I didn't think the analysis was spot-on - I think it was relying on a different population of players and a different context (real life vs online)).

I very definitely almost posted "*raises hand*" in my typical snarky play, just as a way of giving the middle finger to someone actually asking for the wolves to do that.

As was said by @thedrjojo , you have to read protoman. I struck gold there. Arcanum was pretty damn good. As was all stars. The rest of my stuff was inventive and good but those three had been special.

And it's always dangerous when someone gets along well with me.

Couple quick questions:

1) Where the hell is STL? Paging (almost) Dr. @SummerTheLynx
2) Can someone fill me in on those votes for Zen? Is there substance behind them? I can't remember why those votes are there.

I'm still suspicious of the 'nilla comment. :/ Although I will admit I don't know how common vanilla characters are in the past year or two worth of games.

Going to go with lynch LOTF

for now I'm going to lynch LoTF.
Like most, I thought her 'nilla role reveal so soon was strange. I also remember someone mentioning that even very minor character(s) have some sort of ability, no matter how small, so a vanilla claim might be far fetched for this game in particular. Not sure how accurate that is, but it spoke to me a bit when it was mentioned. Her game play has also been shoddy; I kind of appreciated her explanation of the real Melchizedek but felt it was all a giant distraction to what she could have actually been contributing.

Zensing is also on my radar. I haven't played many games (if any...?) with her, but do feel she's been quiet. I think only 7 posts total this game the last time I checked. She was my mentor during the noob game back in December, which I don't remember much of, but I feel like folks who have enough experience to be mentors should be contributing a bit more.

I was more bothered by how quickly and with how little pressure the vanilla claim was made more so than the fact she claimed it all

I curious, let's say they told you the answer, how would this info be helpful to you?

I'm not sure it'd necessarily be helpful to me personally, but perhaps to someone else as they are reading through.

I was more bothered by how quickly and with how little pressure the vanilla claim was made more so than the fact she claimed it all

Hm. I'm still waffling back and forth on how I view that.

Pretty gutsy claim for her to make as a wolf. In recent memory, it's super rare (I think?) to have vanilla wolves. WAY more rare than it used to be a few years back. Pretty easy to track / seer her, disprove that claim, and then be all over her. Seems like the vanilla is probably true.

I'm still hesitatingly sticking with my lynch of her because spending numerous posts commenting on someone's name but then trying to claim that she can't contribute because of real life stuff just smacks to me of a wolf trying to avoid participating, but.....