Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along WW Blog - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 users
2) Can someone fill me in on those votes for Zen? Is there substance behind them? I can't remember why those votes are there.
My vote was just for some pressure. Nothing substantive at all, just was looking over the roster after reading through and realized I hadn't formed an opinion on her yet.

Hm. I'm still waffling back and forth on how I view that.

Pretty gutsy claim for her to make as a wolf. In recent memory, it's super rare (I think?) to have vanilla wolves. WAY more rare than it used to be a few years back. Pretty easy to track / seer her, disprove that claim, and then be all over her. Seems like the vanilla is probably true.

I'm still hesitatingly sticking with my lynch of her because spending numerous posts commenting on someone's name but then trying to claim that she can't contribute because of real life stuff just smacks to me of a wolf trying to avoid participating, but.....
Ok so let's assume she's vanilla and since it is most likely rare for a wolf (?) then what do we gain by her lynch? Maybe we do actually get a wolf. Maybe kill a chaos. Maybe we answer a question. So I guess one thing we need to know is how rare it actually is to have a vanilla wolf.

Members don't see this ad :)
How can you say I'm overthinking it when my action produced the results and subsequent logic that is making everyone question LotF? The only reason I didn't vote for LotF is because I have a stronger case against SM and I'd rather be safer than sorry.
So when I come up village, you really wanna take the blame for leading the lynch? Cool. Cool.

In general, I read you as trying to village really hard. Which either means you are villager trying to fit in or are a wolf trying to village. So, neutral but with an obvious mask on... we'll see which side things lean with a little more time.

Ok so let's assume she's vanilla and since it is most likely rare for a wolf (?) then what do we gain by her lynch? Maybe we do actually get a wolf. Maybe kill a chaos. Maybe we answer a question. So I guess one thing we need to know is how rare it actually is to have a vanilla wolf.
I'm a villager, so the village gains nothing and loses a number. Wolves get idiot villagers taking out one of their own for saying something while distracted.

I'm a villager, so the village gains nothing and loses a number. Wolves get idiot villagers taking out one of their own for saying something while distracted.
So what do you think of shelter in this game?

I'm pretty sure we had one in HTGAWM. I've seen them in bigger wolfpacks to avoid them being overpowered.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't want to give away too much in case it was just a villager with good intent, but I would like for someone to pipe up.

Well isn't this just the fishiest of role fishing comments. Considering the level of thought that you put in to the potential answers to your initial post, I'm a more than a little sketched out by the lack of "future scenario" thought process here.

Riddle me this: how do you think that an answer to this question would benefit village? Why not just state what happened, if you think it was a wolfy action?

Well isn't this just the fishiest of role fishing comments. Considering the level of thought that you put in to the potential answers to your initial post, I'm a more than a little sketched out by the lack of "future scenario" thought process here.

Riddle me this: how do you think that an answer to this question would benefit village? Why not just state what happened, if you think it was a wolfy action?

I agree with this comment. Upon re-read I don't like the fishing here. It would be much more useful to village (imo, correct me someone more experienced if I'm wrong) to say something if you were, for example, blocked or something along those lines. Seems much more sketchy to me to be asking someone to basically out themselves to you. I don't like this. Considering moving my lynch vote, pending CheezyD's justification.

Reactions: 4 users
They weren't masons but they were the most adorable PM partners on the planet. Your post reminded me of that. Doesn't mean much but one of those things where I'll actually put dds a little lower on the list for the moment.
Why would you go that way? Haven't played much with dds, so I don't have great context for his style.

As an aside, I'm on my phone, so not really sure who was asking about Zen's activity...but at the risk of making excuses for someone else, I belieeeeve she was one of the people who said before the game started that she'd only be available in the evenings after work (along with SAR, maybe?)

I also got a generally village read off of her posts thus far, fwiw.

Why would you go that way? Haven't played much with dds, so I don't have great context for his style.
It's a very, very slight bump. Doesn't make sense to me he would go the other way as you suggested - why, on n1, kill a player he built some rapport with in a recent game? To me that's something you exploit if you're a wolf. So for me it either doesn't make a difference or this early on gives me very slight reason to look elsewhere.

I think there's been a vanilla wolf in all but one of the games I modded recently. Can't recall if there were vanilla wolves in Lupin's game, but that's at least 3 of the 5 games in the last few months.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
So what do you think of shelter in this game?
Shelter did say on the dead thread the other game that the noob act was uncoached and genuine.

While I feel like she asks lots of questions that she ought to have answers to, I also feel like that is something she has done all along.

I have been waiting for something more substantial to pop out at me, but I don't see enough to claim the wolfy feelings that others are getting from the question.

Hm. I'm still waffling back and forth on how I view that.

Pretty gutsy claim for her to make as a wolf. In recent memory, it's super rare (I think?) to have vanilla wolves. WAY more rare than it used to be a few years back. Pretty easy to track / seer her, disprove that claim, and then be all over her. Seems like the vanilla is probably true.

I'm still hesitatingly sticking with my lynch of her because spending numerous posts commenting on someone's name but then trying to claim that she can't contribute because of real life stuff just smacks to me of a wolf trying to avoid participating, but.....
There have been some vanilla wolves recently. Dubz in the vet clinic game being an example that will be forever burned into my brain :rolleyes:

However, I'm having this nagging feeling that we're either going to end up with having lynched a vanillager or a neutral/chaos (my money would be on the latter, for the reasons I described earlier).

There have been some vanilla wolves recently. Dubz in the vet clinic game being an example that will be forever burned into my brain :rolleyes:

However, I'm having this nagging feeling that we're either going to end up with having lynched a vanillager or a neutral/chaos (my money would be on the latter, for the reasons I described earlier).
Oh I wasn't actually vanilla, I got extra kills ;) I just claimed vanilla because I had no other choice

And how will you be paying up? I take work exchanges too...

It's a very, very slight bump. Doesn't make sense to me he would go the other way as you suggested - why, on n1, kill a player he built some rapport with in a recent game? To me that's something you exploit if you're a wolf. So for me it either doesn't make a difference or this early on gives me very slight reason to look elsewhere.
Yeah, but you're you ;)

I guess that's kind of my question -- do you think dds is a player who would be unsentimental and ok with lopping off a potentially risky player (risky in the sense that she had recent insight into his villager logic), or a player who would be more likely to try to press that advantage?

True. Plus, AM delivered my babies!!!

Reactions: 2 users
So when I come up village, you really wanna take the blame for leading the lynch? Cool. Cool.

Nah. I'll take the blame. After all, I contingent voted you after yesterday's lynch. I'm just really bugged by the "plenty of time to post about a name" but "no time to post substantively" thing. The 'nilla power comment that has other people all in a kerfluffle is less important to me.

But seriously, the whole "do you want to be blamed" for lynching a villager is overplayed. We lynch villagers all the time. Is what it is. You vote where you think the vote is best placed. *shrug*

Yeah, but you're you ;)

I guess that's kind of my question -- do you think dds is a player who would be unsentimental and ok with lopping off a potentially risky player (risky in the sense that she had recent insight into his villager logic), or a player who would be more likely to try to press that advantage?
I think he'd be ok with it, just not necessarily that he'd offer her up as a suggestion. I don't know if I'm explaining myself well...what I'm saying is I don't see her death as a reason to think he's a wolf.

But I think I've only played one game where he was a wolf, so this is generalizing, not particularly based on his individual play.

Remind me why it would be "idiotic" to vote for you?

Just because you say you're townie? Oh, ok, right then.....

I'm really tired of people saying it's idiotic to vote for them. If you're wolf, it's obviously not. If you're village ............ only you and the wolves know that, so it's still not idiotic.

Remind me why it would be "idiotic" to vote for you?

Just because you say you're townie? Oh, ok, right then.....

I'm really tired of people saying it's idiotic to vote for them. If you're wolf, it's obviously not. If you're village ............ only you and the wolves know that, so it's still not idiotic.
In fact, the only vote that's idiotic is a vote for yourself! :heckyeah:

Yeah. Bothered me, too. Hard to say without knowing what sort of PR was used on CheezyD, but if I were the person that did it, I'd be 1000x less likely to speak up after CheezyD went fishing like that.

Alrighty. Off work/school but about to have early dinner with friends. Here's a summary on thoughts so far from today
Lynch dds

Would like him to talk some more. Also an interesting kill choice given that I believe he was a mason with AM in a recent game and she might therefore be top of mind.
Would like to here more from the quiet new players as well

Thoughts from yesterday:
I don't think LoTF would have peaced out without voting at the end of the lynch cycle, especially being in the lead, if she were a wolf. However, her retaliatory lynch vote for bleh and her weird comments regarding being vanilla AND being able to possible "do more" were really weird. Still, I'm not convinced.
LIS's comments stood out to me. I really didn't like how he jumped on sheltermed for following his lead. It sounded like he was trying to cover his ass if Mel ended up getting lynched as a villager - which shouldn't really matter if you're village. Also, the contingency vote for LoTF seems too easy..
MJ is also on my radar... he broke he tie and voted for sar last minute without posting anything all day. Why was sar more sketchy than LoTF? Something didn't seem right there to me.
For now I'm going to lynch LIS
I don't think LIS was wrong to call SM out for a passive agreeing post.

Yeah, but so far let's look at your game play:

Lots and lots and lots of posting about CheezyD's name, with almost no game input.

And then a whole lotta "hey, I've been too busy goating to participate."

Surely you can see why that's sketchy.

I definitely don't see any reason to move my lynch vote off of you.
I'll admit, I couldn't follow the entire discussion last night. Did LotF really say nothing about her feels?
What ability would that be?
This is sketchy to me. Why go fishing for that information? It reveals who Mel isn't and outs PM info out for others to fake.

Wasn't that Mel answering SM's question? I blame AN more for the sketch.

As an aside, I'm on my phone, so not really sure who was asking about Zen's activity...but at the risk of making excuses for someone else, I belieeeeve she was one of the people who said before the game started that she'd only be available in the evenings after work (along with SAR, maybe?)

I also got a generally village read off of her posts thus far, fwiw.
Thank you, someone remembered!

Also, sorry. Normally I will try to get on during lunch, but there were some last-minute meetings today

Ok, fair 'nuff. I see WZ said the same thing. Old man, memory, etc.

I have zero problems lynching neutral/chaos!

Yeah. Bothered me, too. Hard to say without knowing what sort of PR was used on CheezyD, but if I were the person that did it, I'd be 1000x less likely to speak up after CheezyD went fishing like that.
Or non-PR, even. Hell, the ability could be like "pick a target to just high five them" and I still wouldn't want people to answer this.

Nah. I'll take the blame. After all, I contingent voted you after yesterday's lynch. I'm just really bugged by the "plenty of time to post about a name" but "no time to post substantively" thing. The 'nilla power comment that has other people all in a kerfluffle is less important to me.

But seriously, the whole "do you want to be blamed" for lynching a villager is overplayed. We lynch villagers all the time. Is what it is. You vote where you think the vote is best placed. *shrug*
I started it yesterday. If need be, I'll go down with you.

@LadyOtheFarm, maybe I've missed this, but who are your suspicions? How are you trying to solve the game?

@sheltermed, same question.

Right now, I'm torn between the two of you. LotF for yesterday's suspicions + lack of content, and SM for fishing/weird behavior.

In fact, the only vote that's idiotic is a vote for yourself! :heckyeah:

Well. You could argue that my bussing of fellow wolves has bordered on idiotic a few times, when I've done it not realizing I'm actually doing it.

Probably could also argue that my lynching people who either aren't playing or are already dead is idiotic, too. :)

Well. You could argue that my bussing of fellow wolves has bordered on idiotic a few times, when I've done it not realize I'm actually doing it.

Probably could also argue that my lynching people who either aren't playing or are already dead is idiotic, too. :)
Huh, I always assumed this was all strategy ;)

D2 These... are not the Hammer Lynch Tally

zen (2) - kcough, dubz
dds (1) - pippy
LoTF (4) - lis, bjeh, nohika, shelter
lis (1) - hmoo
hmoo (1) - genny
shelter (3) - caia, CheezyD, sar
CheezyD (1) - weim

13/23 voting

Deadline 10pm EDT (~5 hours)

893102472f33c857035246dbbb343e46.jpg

Hey LOTF, you gonna vote? Or just call us idiots? If you'd like to help us idiots out, perhaps you could point us in the right direction?

And just to clarify, are we idiots if we lynch ANY villager? Or just you? Or .... ?

About to step out for a bit, but just to respond to Zen:

I started it yesterday. If need be, I'll go down with you.

@LadyOtheFarm, maybe I've missed this, but who are your suspicions? How are you trying to solve the game?

@sheltermed, same question.

Right now, I'm torn between the two of you. LotF for yesterday's suspicions + lack of content, and SM for fishing/weird behavior.

for now I'm going to lynch LoTF.
Like most, I thought her 'nilla role reveal so soon was strange. I also remember someone mentioning that even very minor character(s) have some sort of ability, no matter how small, so a vanilla claim might be far fetched for this game in particular. Not sure how accurate that is, but it spoke to me a bit when it was mentioned. Her game play has also been shoddy; I kind of appreciated her explanation of the real Melchizedek but felt it was all a giant distraction to what she could have actually been contributing.

Zensing is also on my radar. I haven't played many games (if any...?) with her, but do feel she's been quiet. I think only 7 posts total this game the last time I checked. She was my mentor during the noob game back in December, which I don't remember much of, but I feel like folks who have enough experience to be mentors should be contributing a bit more.

Explanation of my suspicions thus far/why my lynch vote is where it is. Also wondering where STL is and why he hasn't had much to say. MJ too, but someone said he's been busy for several games or something like that, not that that's really an excuse to not be on someone's radar.

I'm not sure it'd necessarily be helpful to me personally, but perhaps to someone else as they are reading through.

Bjeh asked me how it would helped me to have asked that question. I wasn't "fishing," per se, but rather asking for everyone else (in the case that CheezyD would have actually answered the question, anyway) so that the knowledge was out there, to whomever it may be useful for.

Hey LOTF, you gonna vote? Or just call us idiots? If you'd like to help us idiots out, perhaps you could point us in the right direction?

And just to clarify, are we idiots if we lynch ANY villager? Or just you? Or .... ?
This is why I am kinda still a little weirded out. She usually at least votes for someone. With the unlynching yesterday so that she didn't have a vote on record at lynch close, the hesitancy today is just a little ...odd.

May be absolute tinfoil. I do love me a nice, fashionable tinfoil hat.

Ah, this was the post I meant to comment on earlier!

Almost all of my posts yesterday were well after lynch close. If you were the one that contingency lynched me right after close, I hadn't been on yet. If it was this morning, that is more fair. I could have overtly wolf hunted in a way you would have seen as obvious. I chose my play style though. I got the people who were on talking. This let's me see typical speech patterns and thought processes, plus people let down their guard when slightly off topic. I do it game after game. I know it annoys some people, but I feel like I often get useful info out of it, especially with people like CheezyD who are not typically on pre vet.

Almost all of my posts yesterday were well after lynch close. If you were the one that contingency lynched me right after close, I hadn't been on yet. If it was this morning, that is more fair. I could have overtly wolf hunted in a way you would have seen as obvious. I chose my play style though. I got the people who were on talking. This let's me see typical speech patterns and thought processes, plus people let down their guard when slightly off topic. I do it game after game. I know it annoys some people, but I feel like I often get useful info out of it, especially with people like CheezyD who are not typically on pre vet.

So your claim is that you were strategically not posting strategy? What was the bottom line product of your analysis?

Gonna be real, I don't love that as an explanation considering you are not currently voting for anyone.

Do you get useful stuff out of it though? Like, do you have evidence of that?

So all your non-strategy posting was actually deep strategy?

I'd buy that except .................

a) You yourself tried to play the "too busy goating to play" card, which means that now you're changing your story; and
b) You still haven't voted or explained what you GOT out all those "typical speech patterns and thought processes."

So far, I just see a lot of non-committal bantering, calling people idiots for no good reason, etc.

Reactions: 4 users
***unlynch SM, lynch LOTF***

Too much hand-waving and nothing to offer up after how many posts asking for it? This is bordering on completely ridiculous.