Dr.Med of stomatology 6 years degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorChitu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
i´m going to become a Dr.Med of stomatology in sept 2008 in Romania,if someone knows how and if my Dr.Med degree is reconized in USA and what do i have to do to get it reconized.
thx for your help
Dr.Med. D.Chitu

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
i´m going to become a Dr.Med of stomatology in sept 2008 in Romania,if someone knows how and if my Dr.Med degree is reconized in USA and what do i have to do to get it reconized.
thx for your help
Dr.Med. D.Chitu
It will not be recognized in the United States. For information on how to obtain US licensure, check out the American Dental Association web site at www.ada.org or do a search here in the forums.

if you evaluate your diploma through ECE you'll have your DDS title on paper..still, that's way different than having a license to practice in the US; you'll have to take the NBDEs, toefl, apply to an univ that has and IDP- International Dentist Program-, pass the licensure exam and then...you're done:)
good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
you'll have to take the NBDEs, toefl, apply to an univ that has and IDP- International Dentist Program-, pass the licensure exam and then...you're done:)
good luck!

... or of course you could complete 2 years of GPR/AEGD, or an accredited dental specialty program.

Hi,
thx for your help
Dr.Med. D.Chitu

As of jan '07 Romania is now a member of the EU. Why not work elsewhere in Europe/UK? :thumbup:

As of jan '07 Romania is now a member of the EU. Why not work elsewhere in Europe/UK? :thumbup:

because you need 3 years out of the last 5 of EU experience if you have started studying before Romania became part of the EU which is the case of that person. So he has to wait until 2011 and work in Romania and then he will be able to transfer himself to EU.
This do not apply to people graduated before 2004 as by January 2007 they had already 3 out of 5 years in a new one, but EU state....

If you ask my personal opinion I would stay and work in Romania, in three years you will have some experience and possibility to go whereever you want in Europe. Here in three years you have a big chance to be still far away from practising dentistry and you will have extra 120-150k USD loans....

If you ask my personal opinion I would stay and work in Romania, in three years you will have some experience and possibility to go whereever you want in Europe. Here in three years you have a big chance to be still far away from practising dentistry and you will have extra 120-150k USD loans....

I agree :thumbup: