dr najeeb USMLE videos ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

megamindo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi thisis my first post

i hope i find help here

i need info and the worth of dr najeeb videos in passing usmle step 1​

Members don't see this ad.

hi thisis my first post​

i hope i find help here​

really great if you learn stuff for the first time.
certainly not a review though...as it is way too comprehensive.
Love his mnemonics and drawings on the whiteboard!
With dr najeeb even enzymes become alive :p

(just one of my favourite mnemonics for the Krebs Cycle: Can I keep selling sex for money officer? Citrate Isocitrate a-Ketogluterate Succinyl-CoA Succinate Fumerate Malate OAA)

Members don't see this ad :)
hi thisis my first post

i hope i find help here

If you have the time to view all the videos, and read the books, do a Q bank and study from first aid go a head an do it the videos are awesome, I took a live lecture with Dr. najeeb on june 2011 about insulin. Althoug if you know a lot of the basics you will get bored.

Don't waste your time guys....!!! There are many good things in this beautiful world to do....

Does anyone know if these videos are available on 2x speed - whats the format they use for videos? I'm thinking about purchasing a subscription.

Use vlc or force your player to wmp with &usewmp=1 and right click to increase speed to fast

Use vlc or force your player to wmp with &usewmp=1 and right click to increase speed to fast

I've tried this and it doesn't work, can you please elaborate?. They sent emails out a while back saying they were going to make their video player have the capability of 1.6x speed but there have been no updates in a few months.

I've tried this and it doesn't work, can you please elaborate?. They sent emails out a while back saying they were going to make their video player have the capability of 1.6x speed but there have been no updates in a few months.

I dont' know anything about Najeeb, but for VLC there are 2 ways to adjust playspeed:

1) You can click the forward and backward buttons that bookend the progress bar to speed up or slow down videos. Via this method, you can do .5x/1x/1.5x/2x/3x/4x speed intervals.

2) For more precise intervals, you can use the "[" and "]" buttons to slow or speed up videos in intervals of .1x. So if you want to watch something at 1.8x speed, just click "]" 8 times.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi thisis my first post

i hope i find help here

Don't waste your time, if you really want step1 videos sign up with Kaplan or falcon. I saw his video on YouTube, and I couldn't understand some of things he was talking about. If you live in Paki land I guess it would be good source, since he teaches in Pakistan.

Dr. Najeeb makes sense perfectly to me, and I'm a Vietnamese-American. What on earth are you talking about?

Dr. Najeeb makes sense perfectly to me, and I'm a Vietnamese-American. What on earth are you talking about?

Probably depends on your upbringing and experience. Some people (if they went to a very homogenous school) may have not had immigrant professors before, or not have had a very diverse pool of peers. I just showed my mom the Najeeb videos on youtube, and she couldn't understand it at all. Whereas he makes perfect sense to me because I have had plenty of Indian/Paki professors and friends over the years.

please since probaly you've watched a lot of his videos (supposed) do you know where he speek about carbon monoxide and nitric oxide synthesis and effects
thank you very much

don't know but his step 1 are amazing, at first I was like I can't understand this guy, but if you hang in there you realize he makes absolute perfect sense. Love his lectures on the nephrons, brilliant.

imo he takes way too much time to explain stuff. he does not show any pictures making it really not that great for step 1

I have purchased Dr Najeeb's lectures and found them to be quite helpful. His explanation and illustrations have given me a better and more consolidated understanding of basic concepts. I agree, though, he sometimes takes a little too long to explain some things.

Last edited:
I tried some of his videos and i think they are good but wayyyyyy too long. I mean each video of his is an hour long for every single chapter and i think it's way too much. I'm not saying he doesn't explain well, he's actually very good at laying everything out and explains every single detail, but i simply found the length of the videos overwhelming.