DR. STRAUSS'S for FLORIDA'S MPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

erik21jg

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking to invest and get his book for the Florida MPJE. For those that have passed or are studying for it right, would you guys recommended? Is it worth the $168, if not what recommendations you guys have for the Florida part of the MPJE. For Federal I am using A guide to Federal Pharmacy Law 9th Edition by Reiss, is this a good book for Federal pharmacy law. Any recommendation will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I used it and I passed with an 81 couple days ago, but I can't say for sure how useful it really was. I used exam master, Nova's Dr. Seamon's notes, and read through Strauss. Overall, personally I think Strauss was a good comprehensive review on FL law and I'm glad I studied it. Some of the statutes are not updated and you have to look up statutes yourself. Very little of my test (maybe 2-3% was federal law (except CSA1970). Yes you want to know the basics of FED law but very little of your test will be fed law. For me was like 97% state law with the exception of the CSA, for that read the Pharmacist Manuel by DEA

Here is my viewpoint, Stauss book may be useful to you or may not be. I understand money is an issue but I wouldn't take the chance of not buying it and missing some important stuff. I know people who passed with just Dr. Seamons review notes alone but I didn't feel comfortable making that decision. Maybe I would've pass the same way, who knows.

$168 bucks in the grand-scheme of things not that serious. Work for 3 hours and you get that money back easily. Fail the test and you lose a whole months worth of income. Pick your poison. I rather be over-prepared then under prepared... just my Opinion.

Thanks for the advice. Another thing, how did you realize that some of the information in Dr. Strauss book was updated? My biggest concern is buying it and no realizing the areas that are not updated and missing those questions on the actual exam. When you buy his material, is it just a book with practice questions at the end of the every chapter or he gives you an online access to take the practice exams online.

Last edited by a moderator: