Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Claveaut

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured I would start a thread for all incoming students to the class of 2018 at Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine.

First and foremost, congratulations! It's never an easy decision trying to decide where to attend school, but I am certain RFUMS will give us the education we desire. I am part of the incoming class to 2018, but luckily have had great first hand knowledge into the University.

I can assure you the school will equip you with all the tools you need to succeed because my cousin graduated from RFUMS about 5 years ago. He got placed into a highly desired residency, works in a great practice, and does this all while teaching at Grand Valley State University (the school I got my undergraduate degree). The future is bright for all Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine students!

All incoming students feel free to leave a comment. I will update the post when a Facebook group is started. I don't believe the University has anything to do with the creation of the groups, but I will email and double check, and if not start one soon! We can use that page to find roommates, communicate, and ask any questions.

Edit: The Facebook group is currently being created by the University and will roll out later this month!

Again, congratulations! I look forward to meeting and seeing everyone on campus in August!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Thanks Ankle Breaker. I have contacted some student ambassadors and they have agreed to join the group. I will be starting it as soon as I get them added as Facebook friends, and then will be starting the group!

Edit: I have contacted Kim Young from admissions and the University will be putting together a Facebook group for the class of 2018 in the upcoming month. All confirmed students will be sent instructions on how to become a part of it!

Last edited:
The school historically does not creat official FB groups for individual classes. I'd recommend starting one yourself.
Ankle Breaker, I have some questions about Scholl. I'm interested in attending there this fall. Can you please check your PM if you have some time? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll get some insight from other residents. Thanks anyway

And I did ask specifics about match rate, etc.

Last edited:
Quick update for all future students: There is an official Facebook group created by the admissions staff that will be sent out to all accepted students.

I'm gonna have to agree 100% with Ankle Breaker on this one. Keep your Facebook group independent from the school for sure!

"Only students who have been accepted into the Scholl Class of 2018 will be permitted to join the group. This group will be administered by the Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (RFUMS) Office of Admissions and Recruitment until Scholl new student orientation in August 2014. Shortly after that time, administrator control will be fully relinquished to Scholl Class of 2018 students and RFUMS staff will leave the group. Current Scholl students who are part of the RFUMS Scholl Ambassadors program may also be asked to join the group and can choose to remain in the group after orientation."

Seems they just want to be able to get all accepted students into the group and then will leave. Doesn't seem like a problem in the long run. I could be wrong though! haha

Last edited: