1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Draft Letters of Rec...?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by hellojed, Nov 12, 2001.

1. hellojed

hellojed Member
    10+ Year Member

Has anyone had a prof/letter of rec writer ask them to provide them with a draft first? I was asked to do this, and I'm not sure if this means that they want me to write out the whole letter for them and they just want to sign the bottom, or to make an outline of the points they should include and they'll write it out themselves or what? I'd really appreciate any input, thanks a whole bunch! :) :) :D :D :p :p

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ceelo

Ceelo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

your letter write might want you to write the whole thing yourself. that's what happened with me. it's not that bad since you get to say really nice stuff about yourself. just don't over do it. i think some adcoms can smell the BS.

4. Snuffleuffagus

Snuffleuffagus Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I actually get really irritated when professors request this. I've had to write three of em this year!! They're all gonna sound the same....I have absolutely no creative juices left from all these crappy essays!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

5. EpiII

EpiII Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I have heard of this before, but never had to do it myself until this year. I had to write one of the four this year.

I think this comes from two sources: 1. they do not have time and 2. they may not know you that well and want to get the facts straight, etc.

Anyway, to answer your question, I think they really want you to write the thing out. I do not think they just want an outline.