Dream Job: If I Could Be Anything In The World...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProAthleteMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Edit: Eh...who cares lol. Moderator, delete this thread por favor.

Edit 2: Well, I guess not. This has gotten longer than I expected. LET THE DREAMS SHINE THROUGH SDN!!!

Edit 3: OP --> "..I'd be a ____. So, if you could be anything in the world, what would you be? If being a physician is your answer, cool. If being a professional bull rider is your answer...cool! Just curious about the dreams of my fellow SDNers.

My answer: I'd be a professional soccer player...hence my SDN screen name and picture."

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Physician. This is in and of itself an extremely ambitious, borderline insane career for me to be pursuing, given my family background and financial situation.

I wouldn't be going after it if it weren't my #1 choice :)

You're on a Pre-med forum.....
What do you think these people want to be o_O

Do you expect us to say,
" I'd be a PHO restaurant owner"
"I'd be a tai chi grandmaster"
"I'd be an AMERICAN IDOL"

Anyway.... I'd like to be a Physician.
But if I were to be anything else I'd be a a sex machine, ;)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Your on a Pre-med forum.....

Do you expect us to say,

Oh, I'm on a pre-med forum...thanks for the insight.

I've met a lot of people who would love to do other things besides their "real" job (i.e. skydiving instructor). It doesn't mean you wouldn't want to be a physician...

By the way, it's "you're". Ugh! Pet peeve...

Dang x] usually I catch myself when I write "your" instead of "you're."

If your dream job isn't being a doctor then you shouldn't be a doctor. You should do what you're passionate about. Us pre-meds spend so much time researching, volunteering, studying, such and such; do you really think that our dream job is something besides a physician?

But if you mean to ask me if I had a chance to chose another profession besides a physician then I would be a teacher.

Last edited:
Nothing is more lame than saying your number one dream is to be a physician. Dream bigger. I think most people realize that being a physician is the closest thing to a dream that is realistically attainable and probably doesnt require being born with some amazing talent. I would say medicine is more of a calling than a dream. (Besides I dont know of many dreams that involve 80+ hour workweeks and hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt)

i want to be on MadTV. and if that doesn't work out, i'll be a doctor. i f-cking love that show

Dang x] usually I catch myself when I write "your" instead of "you're."

If your dream job isn't being a doctor then you shouldn't being a doctor. You should do what you're passionate about. Us pre-meds spend so much time researching, volunteering, studying, such and such; do you really think that our dream job is something besides a physician?

But if you mean to ask me if I had a chance to chose another profession besides a physician then I would be a teacher.

"be" *sigh* Lol...I'm just picking on you. ;)

Nothing is more lame than saying your number one dream is to be a physician. Dream bigger. I think most people realize that being a physician is the closest thing to a dream that is realistically attainable and probably doesnt require being born with some amazing talent. I would say medicine is more of a calling than a dream. (Besides I dont know of many dreams that involve 80+ hour workweeks and hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt)

Thank you WDeagle. Most people wouldn't say being a physician is their "dream job". I'm glad to see you get where I'm coming from. Not that there is anything wrong w/ being a physician. I mean, I'll be applying to medical school but seriously, who dreams about working that many hours, being "pimped", going into massive debt, being b%##$ slapped w/ malpractice insurance, being raped by insurance companies, selling their soul to the library (during their prime) and getting stomped on during internship/residency??

Dang, do I really want to do this? :laugh: Anyway, it's all about keeping your eye on the prize but most people have a "deeper" dream so-to-speak! :cool:

Edit: For the record, b/c I deleted the OP, I'd be a pro soccer player. Hence my SDN screen name & picture....

Last edited:
Celebrity spokesmodel

Last edited:

Thank you WDeagle. Most people wouldn't say being a physician is their "dream job". I'm glad to see you get where I'm coming from. Not that there is anything wrong w/ being a physician. I mean, I'll be applying to medical school but seriously, who dreams about working that many hours, being "pimped", going into massive debt, being b%##$ slapped w/ malpractice insurance, being raped by insurance companies, selling their soul to the library (during their prime) and getting stomped on during internship/residency??

Dang, do I really want to do this? :laugh: Anyway, it's all about keeping your eye on the prize but most people have a "deeper" dream so-to-speak! :cool:

Edit: For the record, b/c I deleted the OP, I'd be a pro soccer player. Hence my SDN screen name & picture....

Football. Now I am picking on you. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Football. :D

I assume you don't want this deleted anymore?

Yeah, I guess not :laugh: I guess I need to edit the OP...again.

So, who says "football" vs "futbol" vs "soccer"?
U.S.- soccer
U.K. - football
Mexico/Spain - futbol

Those are my thoughts...

Yeah, I guess not :laugh: I guess I need to edit the OP...again.

So, who says "football" vs "futbol" vs "soccer"?
U.S.- soccer
U.K. - football
Mexico/Spain - futbol

Those are my thoughts...

Kind of accurate. Fussball in German. pretty much it is some form of foot and ball in ever place but the US, some Canada, some Australians, and one other random place.

singer!!!

i think i might get bored from lack of intellectual stimulation after awhile, but i think id really love it for a few years!

LAAAAAAAA LA LA LA.

singer!!!

i think i might get bored from lack of intellectual stimulation after awhile, but i think id really love it for a few years!

LAAAAAAAA LA LA LA.

"Dang girl! Yo voice is bangin'!"

hahaha. I wish :(

Though its not too bad, i have quite a few youtube vids :p

Dulcina?!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQt-h753jHI[/YOUTUBE]

Dang x] you got me again.
I was/am really tired from volunteering (wheeling people around Kaiser) today, sorry about the horrid vocabulary, hehe:p

If I had a "dream" job I'd want to be a singer or NBA player.

Last edited:
Dulcina post a youtube video, I want to hear you sing :] You're probably one of those good singers that don't give themselves enough credit :p

Dulcina post a youtube video, I want to hear you sing :] Your probably one of those good singers that don't give themselves enough credit :p

no way!!! im not gonna post one publicly!!! :scared:

though if you reaaaaaaaaaaaally wanna hear it, maybe trade me something and i'll PM you a link

edit: the traded item would be something possibly embarrassing, like a picture or something =P

though if you reaaaaaaaaaaaally wanna hear it, maybe trade me something and i'll PM you a link

edit: the traded item would be something possibly embarrassing, like a picture or something =P

I don't think I have anything embarrassing to trade on hand lol :p
but if I did I'd trade it for your sing haha

I think I saw this on TV once. I think it had Chris Hansen asking the dude to have a seat.

I don't think I have anything embarrassing to trade on hand lol :p
but if I did I'd trade it for your sing haha

lol well alright. bedtime for me, so no youtube for you tonight!

i'll send a link if i get the trade in my inbox! :p

gnight guys =) :sleep::sleep:

I'd be a pro football linebacker. Unfortunately, there isn't much of a market for 5'7, 130 pound female linebackers these days.

Owner of an NFL team. Build a dynasty like no other. If I ever become rich in my life, my dream is to own an NFL team.

I'd be the best surgeon in the country, a hard-ass med school prof, and the dean of an Ivy at the same time.

Last edited:
Physician. This is in and of itself an extremely ambitious, borderline insane career for me to be pursuing, given my family background and financial situation.

I wouldn't be going after it if it weren't my #1 choice :)

You're on a Pre-med forum.....

Do you expect us to say,

this isn't a med school application...stop being such freakin' tools

that being said, my dream job is to be a political commentator on tv.... talk about having tons of undue power and influence!

Isecretly really want to be a firefighter..

Dang x] you got me again.
I was/am really tired from volunteering (wheeling people around Kaiser) today, sorry about the horrid vocabulary, hehe:p

If I had a "dream" job I'd want to be a singer or NBA player.

It's about time you start playing along; that's more like it! :thumbup:

F1 race car driver of course. Can't you tell by my name? I can't wait for the Belgian Grand Prix tomorrow morning at 8 AM ET. :D My favorite track by far.

Picture from Friday practice:

f12008belxp0465cf3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Photographer for National Geographic

Getting paid to travel + taking pictures (which you do on vacation anyway!)

Or I would be one of those people on the Food Network who get to go to places like Maui for a week (*cough* Giada) and eat at all of the best restaurants.

Photographer for National Geographic

Getting paid to travel + taking pictures (which you do on vacation anyway!)

Or I would be one of those people on the Food Network who get to go to places like Maui for a week (*cough* Giada) and eat at all of the best restaurants.

Awesome! Being an Underwater Photographer/Filmer & Scuba Diver for the Discovery Channel is also on my list. I think that's the coolest job ever. Swimming around the ocean taking pictures of whales, dolphins, fish and sea life, in general. :love:

Goh, why do all of the cool jobs pay 18.5K/yr!? :mad:

Doctor-Astronaut-Rockstar. I'd go to Mars and bring both the health cars and the Rock and Roll!

All at the same time? Nice! Beats the boring waiting room music. :thumbup:

I secretly want to be a cat and rabbit breeder.

Little furry woodland creatures are awesome.

Awesome! Being an Underwater Photographer/Filmer & Scuba Diver for the Discovery Channel is also on my list. I think that's the coolest job ever. Swimming around the ocean taking pictures of whales, dolphins, fish and sea life, in general. :love:

I'm going on a diving trip tomorrow!! I'm too poor to afford an underwater camera though. I'm hoping for my first sight of sea lions!!

I'm going on a diving trip tomorrow!! I'm too poor to afford an underwater camera though. I'm hoping for my first sight of sea lions!!

OMG...I'm sooooo jealous lol. Have fun and think of ProAthleteMD :D.

Professional wrestler.