Dress Code/Ettiquite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blue Tooth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just as a survery to everyone, I'm curious about what you're wearing and bringing to the interviews. I figure guys it's just a suit but is anyone wearing pants and a blazer? What about the ladies? I noticed a long thread on the MD board about suitpants/skirts. Also, what in terms of things to carry stuff with is anyone bringing? I figure I'll look pretty stupid with whatever they give me in my hand all day. Anyways, I'll open it up now and see what you all think

Brent

Members don't see this ad.

I find that in a pinch, when one is unable to choose between a skirt and pants, it is best to wear both. You know, sort of a layering effect, a skirt over pants! It works best when combining such traditionally uncoordinating basic colors such as navy and black. ;) :D

Kidding, kidding. Personally, as a female, I think pantsuits are too much effort. It is hard enough finding flattering, nicely cut jeans let alone suit pants (I envy friends who look so stylish in their cute little pantsuits.) I think both can be equally as dressy and impressive as long as they fit well and are worn with the right shoes. Wear what is comfortable for you stylewise and within reason, but get opinions from real live people who will tell you if there is a better option (My mom and 2 best freinds are usually good for that and I actually kind of liked using my black skirtsuit for job interviews this past spring) :D Good Luck!

for guys, suits are the norm and what I go with, although I've seen folks w/a blazer and khakis too. Ultimately, all they care about is you looking professional and clean, it's not like they make any note of your outfit in your file....unless you forget to take out that eyebrow piercing!