dress code

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by TAL, Jul 22, 2002.

1. TAL

TAL Senior Member

cpw,

Hey, how has your summer break been? I was curious to find out if a dress code exists at UHCO, written or unwritten. I'm sure these things will be explained at orientation, but I thought I'd try to get a heads up from ya. Long sleeves + Houston summer = uncomfortable.

Tommy

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cpw

cpw It's a boy !!!
    Moderator Emeritus

Optometrist
    No dress code until you get into the clinic second year. So, nothing to worry about. You can wear shorts and a tee all you want until your second year! When are you moving to H-Town??

Who's your mentor..?? I'll fill ya in on what they're like. ;)

4. r_salis

r_salis SDN Supa-Mod Emmetrope
    Moderator Emeritus

Optometrist
    This is more of a general dress code question for the ladies -- what is the policy for open-toed shoes for clinic? I've seen a couple practicing optometrists who wore dress-sandals during the summer. Maybe it's just because I remember the days when open-toed footwear was considered unprofessional (okay, that was a long time ago...), but it seems like there would at least be a hygiene reason for closed-toe shoes.

5. cpw

cpw It's a boy !!!
    Moderator Emeritus

Optometrist
    UHCO says no open toed shoes !!! (which drastically narrows my clothing options)