Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

DREW is already sending out acceptances!!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Dr. Don, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    hey peeps, my friend just found out that she got in at DREW!!! I'm so happy for her, she's really committed to helping the underserved, so that program fits her well. Anyways I wanted to post this so that those of you who interviewed there around january will know that they are already making decisions on you guys, good luck!!!!
    DON

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jdub

jdub Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    that is really sweet, is she going to go? probably a silly question, eh? if i got in, i couldn't imagine going anywhere else. they did say six weeks after the interview and they do have to fill their 24 spots by march 29th, so hopefully a lot of peeps are getting the goods soon.

when did she interview in january? did she hear within six weeks?

estas asistiendo una entrevista alla?

4. jifi

jifi Member

Is the main difference between Drew and UCLA just the 3rd year and the emphasis on primary care?

5. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    hey peeps, I didn't know they had to fill out their spots by march 29th, wow, I guess I better start calling them to see what the status of my app is. She was part of the first group to interview in mid-january (I think...), so I guess it has been about 6 weeks since that date. I believe she is going to go there....now she's praying for me so that I can be her classmate....she's so cool! She called me last night crying out of happpiness...
    jifi: you're right, you do your first two years at UCLA Med, then your last two at DREW...They mainly focus on makind primary care doctors that will practice in underserved communities. It's a great program!!!!

6. jdub

jdub Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    hey guys,

as for training doctors to work in underserved areas, that is exactly what the program is trying to do, but at the same time they are not only focusing on making primary care doctors, they are trying to train docs that will work with inner-city hospitals that are underserved, and these hospitals need all kinds of doctors.

also, as far as filling the class by march 29th, this is an aamc rule and they accept about 50 people, so there is still time, especially with this school. they only started interviewing in january. best of luck.

7. jifi

jifi Member

is drew your top choice?

8. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    FOR ME IT'S BETWEEN UCLA AND UCLA/DREW. I CONSIDER THEM THE SAME...